Japanese I-16 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Again a weird one :D Just a quick question if anyone has any info. on this bird, I've been able to find 8 pictures out there of it, and some speculation as to it's colors. It seems its either an all Aluminium color or a Grey/Aluminium Cowl (which looks like this more from the pics), does anyone have anymore info on the I-16 that Japan had (Mongolian pilot defected to Japan with it, landed in Manchuria I beleive)

I'm trying to figure out if it had the usual green I-16 type 10 cockpit, if the wheel wells were light blue (if the aircraft was all grey, it should be grey wheel wells as well?) etc :D I'll post a pic to help out :)

I16-1x.jpg

From this picture it seems like there are 2 colors, Aluminium on the cowl, and Grey on the rest of the aircraft (if you guys want more pics I can post em :D) If someone reads Russian Cyrllic. can you decode this for me ? :D

This is for my ever growing captured aircraft used by Japan collection :D

Attachments

• Color3.jpg
    Color3.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
A I-16 tested by IJA at Tachikawa airfield was all painted in army grey green with hinomaru markings on the upper and below of main wing only.

01S.JPG

Ya you rock Shinpachi, I have the same exact book but I can't read Japanese :D thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back