JAS 39 Gripen vs Eurofighter? (1 Viewer)

Which one in a dogfight?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Eurofighter. New generation of aircraft with better avionix and overall better performance and characteristics. JAS 39 is a great aircraft but the Eurofighter is the part of the next generation. All she is missing is the stealth capabitlities of the 22 and the 35.

UK´s Empire Test Pilots´ School uses the Gripen. The Swedes flew with USAF in RED FLAG exercise a while back and they (F-15 or 16 I think) couldn't touch them because of their EWS... They also kicked some serious F-16 ass in Norway a wee while back....8) :lol: :lol:

The Gripen could also carry the same ordnance(?) like the USAF fighters....
Also, isn't the Eurofighter a "airbase only" aircraft?

060719-F-0003L-002.jpg

Gripen_and_F16.jpg

UK´s Empire Test Pilots´ School uses the Gripen. The Swedes flew with USAF in RED FLAG exercise a while back and they (F-15 or 16 I think) couldn't touch them because of their EWS... They also kicked some serious F-16 ass in Norway a wee while back....8) :lol: :lol:

The Gripen could also carry the same ordnance(?) like the USAF fighters....
Also, isn't the Eurofighter a "airbase only" aircraft?

060719-F-0003L-002.jpg

Gripen_and_F16.jpg

Couldn't touch them? I seriously doubt that. And against F-15C/E with AESA that's just a line of BS.

And yes I do believe the Gripen is qualified for all NATO missile loudouts (ie AIM-9/AIM-120). Don't get me wrong, Gripen is world class and I hope we never have to get on the wrong side of her. But she is not F-35 or Eurofighter caliber. She is also not as expensive. ;)

Couldn't touch them? I seriously doubt that. And against F-15C/E with AESA that's just a line of BS.

Thats an assumption that I wouldn't wish to make before I knew the facts. At the end of the day the F15 is an old airframe and the Grippen a very new one with all the latest gadgets. I doubt that the F15 couldn't touch it, thats a bit much but wouldn't be suprised if the F15 found the Grippen more than equal.

:
Don't get me wrong, Gripen is world class and I hope we never have to get on the wrong side of her. But she is not F-35 or Eurofighter caliber. She is also not as expensive.

Which gives her a good chance in the export market.

Thats an assumption that I wouldn't wish to make before I knew the facts. At the end of the day the F15 is an old airframe and the Grippen a very new one with all the latest gadgets. I doubt that the F15 couldn't touch it, thats a bit much but wouldn't be suprised if the F15 found the Grippen more than equal.

:

Which gives her a good chance in the export market.

I was just quoting what was written fellas. I'll see if I can find the website again. It had something to do with their EWS system anyway. Early Warning System, right?:lol:

"The very small radar cross section of Gripen was another problem for the 'red team' that included both air-to-air and surface-to-air threats. "We also confirmed that our warning and electronic warfare systems (EWS) are really, really good - it was almost impossible for the Red air force to get through our EW systems. We always knew where the air defense was, could avoid them and still do our work, even in very dynamic situations, with the threat getting more complex each day" said Colonel Lindberg."

It's not the same article that I read. This from the South African Air Force...
First Red Flag exercise for Gripen
Still looking folks....:D

Both are great fighters, no doubt, but; The Eurofighter can maintain 9 G for as long as there is fuel in the tanks, can the Gripen do that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back