Jeager Watch A-10A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Quinn

Recruit
Mar 8, 2024
Good day everyone,

I found this interesting clock and hopefully one of you knows which aircraft it could have been in?

All information obtained is greatly appreciated,

Quinn
20240308_225028.jpg
20240308_225129.jpg

It is a quite wide-spread 8 days Jaeger Chronoflite aircraft clock used for various planes. They were used in RAF bombers generally and can be found with "Smiths" ( a British vendor) on the dial. Although infrequently found, they seem to show up in USA AC USAAF and USN Beau. Aer. markings equally. They also appear in USAF markings and were specified into the 1950s. According to the stamped info on the dial the clock was made for the USAF. Judging by the colour of the clock handles and digits I would say it is a clock that could be used for a USAF aircraft somewhere in between 1945-1955. Unless somebody re-painted these hands.
Below a such one for the USAF from 40' with the serial number quite close to the one of your clock.

a-10.jpg

the pic source: the net.

I agree.
Also, I have seen a such clock of the serial started with the "AF 54" that was dated on the 1954. The one begins with the "AF 53" what may indicate the 1953. The ID plates attached at the clock back look a little bit different for the early and late 40'.

1954 .. ?
AF54.jpg

the early 40' ... 1940-1943
ID early 40.jpg

Great to get all this information from all of you. Many thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back