Jerry Rutman Canopies (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi,
I will soon start a new model, a Ju 87-D from the Hasegawa kit in 1:32 and I'm preparing myself for that.
Reading some forum reports, I found that, if I want to display the canopy in open position, I must purchase the vacu-form canopy made by Jerry Rutman because is seems that those supplied with the kit have some problems.
So I started looking for that but, so far, I found nobody offering it. Therefore I sent an e-mail to [email protected] but my mail was rejected.
Does anybody know a different e-mail address or, does anybody know a different supplier for the same canopy?
Many thanks in advance
Alberto

Many thanks for your answer but Squadron one is for 1:48 but I look for 1:32 and they don't have it.
Alberto

Oops, sorry. How do you feel about making one? See Terry's Mosquito FB VI conversion where he made his own canopy.

Yes,
if I don't find any aftermarket part and the kit one doesn't work; I think I shall try to make one myself.
I never did this before, but I think I will first fill the kit canopy with some kind of putty and use it to make silicon mould. Then I will produce a resin copy to be used to vacu-form the canopy, without risk to damage the original item.
Does anybody have any different suggestion?
Thanks in advance
Alberto

That method works quite well Alberto, but it all depends on the outer dimensions of the original kit part, as this will govern the final profile of the new, moulded part. The thickness of the clear sheet used has also to be taken into account, to avoid an over scale moulding, or an under-sized moulding. Of course, it's fairly easy to carve a balsa male mould, using the kit part outline as a pattern. The method, and the way of sealing the balsa mould, is shown in my Mosquito thread.

Last edited:
Hi,
this just to let everybody to know that I managed to get in touch with Jerry Rutman and I understood that he has at least one Stuka canopy available, so I sent him my order. If I get it and it works, fine, otherwise I will have to do something different.
Many thanks anyway for your help.
Cheers
Alberto

PS. If somebody needs the same canopy, just pm me and I will explain ho to contact Jerry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back