Job Interview in NZ

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
Next Thursday am hoping on a plane and heading to Christchurch for some job interviews with a view to emigrating.

Any tips advice from the Kiwi membership would be good. Whether it be taxation, accomdation, salary expectations or even interview approach.

Good luck to ya mate! I don't what you do, but don't expect high salaries - I didn't leave the country for Oz by accident.
Beautiful country though, and if you want to get work, go to a pub. Kiwis are often friendly by nature, and I've scored more work through yarning with people than door knocking.

Really though, if work is the goal, save the last two hour flight and stay in Oz! Best lifestyle of any country I ever lived in.

Cheers Guys.

My wife and I spent a month travelling around NZ four years ago. Apart from the scenery we liked NZ lifestyle and people seemed generally more congenial than in the UK. With 2 kids now it seems like an ideal place to bring them up.

Currently am a Manager of a factory producing kitchens. The interviews are with:-

Euroform/ Hagley Building Products/ Country Kitchens/ Paul Renwick Kitchens.

Am staying up at the Wayside Hotel in Woodend for a couple days.

Evan would consider OZ but Kate has wants to try NZ first.

Good choice on NZ( we need more Europeans!) I'm sure Aussi is great though

I'm currently looking for full-time employment myself......

Sorry I can't give you any advice ,Best of luck though! Let us know how you do

You should do alright mate, just stick to the kiwi motto and 'give it a go!'

Wish you all the best, and I hope everything works out as you plan. If things keep going the way they are here, I might be headed back down under myself in the not too distant future.

(-You must check out the RNZAF Museum (now called 'Airforce world') in Hornby, Christchurch !)

Evan

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hopefully something turns up soon, for you Daniel.

I visited the RNZAF Museum last time it was good to see the restoration process there. Also visted the MOTAT and the Auckland museum.

Very cool, good luck! Me and my wife should be leaving Germany as well this year or early next year (I kind of hope early next year, I want to spend Christmas here one more time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back