Ju.87c question for the judges, (and anyone else that might have a thought)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Through the good offices of Mr.C, I now have a balsa kit of a Ju.87b. I have studied up on the "navalized" '87c, and am seriously thinking of doing it.
The only outside visual additions being the small hooks for catapult launching and the arrestor hook in front of the tail wheel.
I would finish it in a conjectural scheme of greys and blues, on the idea that the Kriegsmarine would probably have gone to something along those lines, had the "Graf Zeppelin" become opperational.
Would that be allowed?
Thanks for your time.

OK, the GZ never got finished, but the Ju87C was designed for carrier use, so as far as I'm concerned, it qualifies - let's see what the other judges say.
Certainly will be a good subject, and in balsa too! You going to skin the model, or just cover in tissue?

Not too many of these C-1 Stuka dive bombers were made though. But I agree with Terry these were designed for the GZ aircraft carrier. The shorther wingspan and folded wings make it interesting. So I'm looking forward to the build.

It will be tissued, (Gesundheit!), with maybe one or two tricks from the sleeve. I have been studying Mr. C's builds and I think I can do some good on this one.

Thanks!
I have still to hear from Wayne and "Der Addler" about it, of course.
And there is the F-8 and the F-6F to finish first. If I get a "No" from either of them, I have a couple of other kits that are correct for this build.

I'm in agreement with Terry and Wojtek, and I think Wayne will agree. It was "designed" for aircraft carrier use, and I believe that's the key word.
Will be interesting to see what someone who has a history of detailing a scale plastic model, does with the ole balsa/tissue.

Now about that darn red prop .......

Charles

Not a problem from this end either Paul and I think these will clarify things.

Stuka Ju 87C 1.jpg

Stuka Ju 87C 2.jpg

I'm in agreement with Terry and Wojtek, and I think Wayne will agree. It was "designed" for aircraft carrier use, and I believe that's the key word.
Will be interesting to see what someone who has a history of detailing a scale plastic model, does with the ole balsa/tissue.

Now about that darn red prop .......

Charles
The red prop is going in the spares box, I will probably carve some prop blades.
I'm not planning to go crazy on it anyways, just a simple stick and rudder, some seats, radio equiptment, defensive armament, a few items on the sidewalls...
Anyways, all out of wood. Except for maybe some wires and some plastic bits...

Thanks!
I have still to hear from Wayne and "Der Addler" about it, of course.

Missed yesterday, sorry Paul! but here now, In agreement with everyone else...designed for carrier use, fits the criteria as Evan said GO FOR IT!

and here are some pics from the 2011 Expo of a C version kit...

Attachments

• 16_Ju87C_5042.JPG
    16_Ju87C_5042.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 16_Ju87C_5045.JPG
    16_Ju87C_5045.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 135
  • 16_Ju87C_5060.JPG
    16_Ju87C_5060.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 16_Ju87C_5064.JPG
    16_Ju87C_5064.JPG