Ju 88 A-1 U4+TK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wirbelwind

Airman
Sep 8, 2009
Ju 88 A-1 U4+TK (Wnr. 0880119) has been pretty well documented throughout its recovery and ongoing restoration. There's loads of information available on this aircraft at ju88.net.

I know that this aircraft was built as an A-1, but was it still an A-1 when it was recovered from the lake? Just trying to determine whether or not it was converted to an A-5 at any point during its service life with the Luftwaffe.

The link is not working for me, but if this is the aircraft i think it is, then it was, and remains, an A1.
One of our members. Guttorm, is involved with the restoration, and he kindly sent me a piece of the wooden cockpit floor some years back.

If the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting http://www.ju88.net into your browser. The restoration team has really done an excellent job documenting the whole process, so the site is definitely worth a look.

Interesting that one of our members here was involved in the restoration. Do you know what his username is? I'd love to look up his earlier posts and see what else I can find on U4+TK.

Guttorm's user name is JU88A-1.

The link is working now, and I can confirm that this is the aircraft I thought it was, and remains a A-1 variant.
From memory, it was this actual aircraft that Revell used as reference when they produced their 1/32nd scale kit of the Ju88A-1, with extensive help from Guttorm and his colleagues.

Last edited:
Guttorm's user name is JU88A-1.

The link is working now, and I can confirm that this is the aircraft I thought it was, and remains a A-1 variant.
From memory, it was this actual aircraft that Revell used as reference when they produced their 1/32nd scale kit of the Ju88A-1, with extensive help from Guttorm and his colleagues.

Interesting bit of info there regarding Revell's Ju88 A-1 kit. I'm tempted to buy one for myself!

AFAIR if an A-1 was converted to A-5 the main dataplate would have been either overstamped or supplemented by a second one indicating the conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back