Ju188 A-2 photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wirbelwind

Airman
Sep 8, 2009
Anyone have photos of the Ju188 A-2 that they can share?

I'm at a loss with how to go about differentiating the A-1 from the A-2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only difference between the two variants was that the A-2 had MW 50 injection whereas the A-1 didn't. I don't know if there are any externally visible indicators for this, but somehow I doubt it.

Anyone have photos of the Ju188 A-2 that they can share?

I'm at a loss with how to go about differentiating the A-1 from the A-2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only difference between the two variants was that the A-2 had MW 50 injection whereas the A-1 didn't. I don't know if there are any externally visible indicators for this, but somehow I doubt it.
Did you try Junkers Ju188

Hi W,
The A1 was going to to be fitted for dive bombing, but as the RLM change tactics, it was not proceeded with and the A2 was the first production model. This model was not fitted with dive bombing equipment, but as you say it was fitted with the MW50 system for power boosting. Two 33 gallon/150lt MW tanks were built into the wings.

And I agree apart from MW50 filling points and info stencils, there wouldn't have been any difference (apart from not having dive bombing equipment fitted) between the intended A1 and the A2 prodcution model.

Cheers

Shessi

Believing the captions these are of the A-2 variant ..

Ju_188_A-2_Gross-Schiemanen_5aug44_von_Greim.jpg

Ju_188_A-2_with_night_camo_France.jpg

the source: Junkers Ju 188 Luftwaffe bomber | World War Photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back