Junkers 352 in RAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Air Ministry (or AM) numbers were allocated to Luftwaffe aircraft at their place of surrender in Germany or Denmark. On an airfield containing literally hundreds of German aircraft, this designation ensured that set aside aircraft were not destroyed. Allocations made at place of surrender (AM 1 to AM 123 inclusive)

A few Ju 352 were captured and used. I cant see marking to id this Ju however.

So it could be

AM 8 - Junkers Ju352A-0 - W.Nr.100010 - coded KT+VJ of unknown unit - also coded VP550, scrapped December 1946

AM 18 - Junkers Ju352A-1 - W.Nr.100015 - coded G6+WX of V./TG4 - scrapped December 1946

AM 109 - Junkers Ju352A - W.Nr.unknown - coded G6+RX of V./TG4 - scrapped December 1946

AM 110 - Junkers Ju352A - W.Nr.unknown - coded G6+SX of V./TG4 - scrapped

(Information from LEMB)

Were did you find the picture?

I think i see a K just before the roundel so that would make it AM 8 Anybody else can confirm that "K'

Air Ministry (or AM) numbers were allocated to Luftwaffe aircraft at their place of surrender in Germany or Denmark. On an airfield containing literally hundreds of German aircraft, this designation ensured that set aside aircraft were not destroyed. Allocations made at place of surrender (AM 1 to AM 123 inclusive)

A few Ju 352 were captured and used. I cant see marking to id this Ju however.

So it could be

AM 8 - Junkers Ju352A-0 - W.Nr.100010 - coded KT+VJ of unknown unit - also coded VP550, scrapped December 1946

AM 18 - Junkers Ju352A-1 - W.Nr.100015 - coded G6+WX of V./TG4 - scrapped December 1946

AM 109 - Junkers Ju352A - W.Nr.unknown - coded G6+RX of V./TG4 - scrapped December 1946

AM 110 - Junkers Ju352A - W.Nr.unknown - coded G6+SX of V./TG4 - scrapped

(Information from LEMB)

Were did you find the picture?
Photo was one of quite a few my father in law took at the end of WW2 while serving in the RAF in Germany

I'll post some more on webshots over the next few days

Bf-110G-4/R8, W.nr.180850, 3C+BA, Geschwader Stab/NJG4, equipped with FuG 218 Neptun radar, became AM15.

Ju88 g6 possibly (xx+MB) of CWE at Luneburg or Fassberg. (620452 or 620852)

Information on LEMB

Rumanian plane is a IAR 81 A, 60 build in a fighter bomber dive bomber role. Came in service in 1941

profile comes from Squadron Signal, Rumanian Air Force 1938-47

Attachments

• IAR81.jpg
    IAR81.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Trying to find Airfield Locations of the various photos to trace my father-in-laws service history.

also pardon my ignorance but what is the LEMB referen

Hope someone can help

I've edited somemore pics so I'll pst them on Webshots as before

Trying to find Airfield Locations of the various photos to trace my father-in-laws service history.

also pardon my ignorance but what is the LEMB referen

Hope someone can help

I've edited somemore pics so I'll pst them on Webshots as before

LEMB is another free message board that you can sign up for that deals mainly with luftwaffe aircraft.

Luftwaffe Experten Message Board

Users who are viewing this thread

Back