Just a heads up

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Take pictures guys. Take plenty of pictures.

20 years later, you won't remember it (sad but true). People will ask you, "Do you remember the time...." and you'll answer "No, not really, what happened?". And the reply is some crazy ass stunt you did while half in the bag.

Pictures generally help.

And study. But get a wide variety of interests. Try everything. And lookout for the odd Proffessor (not a lot of them that do it but some) who inject their own thoughts and opinions into the subject matter. Trick is to figure out the difference between propaganda and true mind expanding perspective. It's tricky, but college is a good place to figure out who these guys are when it doesn't cost as much as it will later in life.

ENJOY!

Colin, our third year is the second to last one. It's a four-year degree. Is it only three years in the UK?

Tim-Thanks for the heads up. I'm kinda mild-mannered, so I haven't taken a trip to o'blurreys yet. :)
I do think that I will try some before I leave though, and I did take a few shots while in Russia. I like the suggestion with the camera, I've made some fond memories here and don't want to lose them. As for the professor, we already found that in our political science teacher. He's about as far Left as Pelosi. The other social science teachers have a little bit of that going on too-but we keep ourselves on our guard. I like my world history teacher though. He's a bit crazy, but the good kind of crazy. He keeps the lectures interesting and informative.

Colin, our third year is the second to last one. It's a four-year degree. Is it only three years in the UK?
It can be
if the students have come out of industry merely to top up quals then yes. There is (was) talk of a fast-track TWO year degree for this type of candidate.

Most classical-entry students opt for the four-year degree course incorporating a 'sandwich year' ie a year (usually the third) spent in the industry they are studying for. The year in industry is supposed to count as experience which would carry weight in an interview but is a little self-cancelling if everyone's doing it. The sandwich option, however, is not mandatory for anyone. A Masters program will add another year on top of this.

I opted for the sandwich program which didn't do me any harm at all, a year in Japan experiencing a totally different culture.

Last edited:

Tim-Thanks for the heads up. I'm kinda mild-mannered, so I haven't taken a trip to o'blurreys yet. :)
I do think that I will try some before I leave though, and I did take a few shots while in Russia. I like the suggestion with the camera, I've made some fond memories here and don't want to lose them. As for the professor, we already found that in our political science teacher. He's about as far Left as Pelosi. The other social science teachers have a little bit of that going on too-but we keep ourselves on our guard. I like my world history teacher though. He's a bit crazy, but the good kind of crazy. He keeps the lectures interesting and informative.

Cool for you FF, have a good time. Never been to Russia so you're already a step ahead of me.

Enjoy!

He, sorry Harrison. For some reason I thought that you were older. My bad. :oops:

So far so good, I think this year is gonna be much better, since VZ and I had our own rooms. The courseload is a little bit tougher than last year, but oh well.. bring it on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back