Just a quick one!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
How soon can I apply the Johnson Klear to a model? As with the '109 and '190 of mine that's been painted with Vallejo Air, can I do it after a few hours, the same day or should I wait until the next?

Cheers chaps!

Cheers bro! Then I'll do just that....(d*mn!)! Also just noticed that I almost forgot the light green that's behind the 13, better do that now, before I forget it again....:oops: :lol:

If you're not sure then leave it a day as Dan says...better to be safe than sorry.....when you get used to the paints you will have a better idea on when to aply the gloss safely...

With my tamiya acrylics I can put the gloss on within half an hour if I choose to but as you know my pencil lines and Pastels usually will chew up a few days before the gloss goes on.....

Cheers guys! Here's another one, is there any time limit as to how soon or how long you can wait, before you apply the matt over it all? I just noticed that I have the wrong Vallejo paint, I have the Vallejo matt and satin finish in Model Color instead for Air... (b*ll*cks!)....so I'll have to order those.
Can I start doing the decals now, and do the final matt finish next week or am I better off leaving it all alone, until that I have the correct ones?

I think Jan you can apply these decals now then leave the model for a day or two and then put the matt cote on it.If you postpone this for a week even, there will nothing wrong happen with it.

To be honest I don't know why most guys here try to be rushaholics.I repeat, modelling is not a bakery.There is no need to be in a hurry.There is an old Polish say for that "Jak się człowiek spieszy to się diabeł cieszy".It means that a lot of mistakes can be make when somebody rushes.Paint manufacturers say their colours can be dry in two to four hours.Hurray !!!
But later all of us have some troubles with peeling the paints off or cracked decals like Cory for instance.

Thank you kindly! That's why I ask young Master Wojtek. I'm just as comfortable to leave these two birds alone until that I have everything I need. Can always start another build, can't I? :lol: :lol:

Ooops....look at that, I just did, the Heinkel He 219A-7! :lol: :lol: Off to get it washed!

Yep, I'm with Wojtek. The longer the better, and there's no rush because, as you say, you can always start another kit. Now, where did I put that Hunter.....

It is a well known, and proven, medical fact, that itchy fingers are caused by a severe depletion of the correct intake of beer in the human diet. The reccomendations, generally, are that you visit the pub more often or, if severe snow prevents this, have an order delivered by Tesco's, in order to imbibe at least half a gallon. However, it has also been proven that excess intake of the said liquid, can result in the dubious quality of any modelling work undertaken directly after imbibing the said liquids. But, who gives a d*mn when you've got that floatly warm feeling?!!

Think that I'll paint the Future tonight and do the some decals tomorrow on my '109 and '190. Then during the week, I'll get the the matt and satin finish....to finish them off.

Which is the best way to do them? Does anyone sell them as separate decal sheets, or is using maskingtape the only way? Have two Heinrich Bartels 13's, both with spirals but only one is supplied with decals for the job. I also have this tasty set lying around, it tells you how to and all that, but 1.5mm strips of maskingtape....getting it straight! :eek: :shock: :confused: :( :oops:

Attachments

• 53instr.jpg
    53instr.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 37
  • cartoonbk.gif
    cartoonbk.gif
    40.7 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back