Just a small, quick question....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
With the new format, I'm still learning. I found the magnifying glass which helps find my posts and my threads but.... I have noticed that when I have selected the "My Threads", it does not show the newest or even in any order that I recognize. I have a daily thread that I post to and it is not listed in My Threads. I only find it in My Posts. I assume I am not setting the proper parameters and would just like some guidance.

Great job and I'm sure once the newness is over this will flow. Need more color and pics on the front page though! :) I will go away now.........

Thanks. It seems I just needed to roam around some although.....

I have noticed the "Quote" button next to "Image" and "Video" is now missing from the Quick Reply Window?

Thanks. It seems I just needed to roam around some although.....

I have noticed the "Quote" button next to "Image" and "Video" is now missing from the Quick Reply Window?

I've been using the button just above the Bacon, Thumbs Rainbow etc. if that's the one you mean Chris.

Geo

Chris, you can click "Your Activity", then in any of the lists, you can click the header to show preferred results.

For example, in "My Threads", I'll click the "Last Message" header and it resorts the dates starting with the oldest.

With the method I just mentioned, I can actually go back to the very first thread I ever started, which was really hard to do with the old server.

image.jpg

Gotcha. Is this what you're looking for?

View attachment 309757
View attachment 309758

Geo

Instead of this just click the option "<- REPLAY" at the bottom , right corner of a post you want to quote. Its full text will be added to your Replay window at the bottom of the screen. If you click the "+QUOTE" you can add more than one post quotation and attach your answer or comments for instance. Then click the "Post Replay".

rwply1.jpg

Last edited:
But how did you do that? I now have to type in [QYOTE] just to make it work. There was a button before but now its gone.

And I do not mean the "quote" button at the bottom right. In the Quick Reply window - its gone now.

By the way, if you click the wrench on the far right, it shows the text & coding...this comes in handy for editing...

You can always click back to "Rich Text" anytime by clicking the "Use Rich Text Editor" seen just below and to the left of the text area.

But how did you do that? I now have to type in [QYOTE] just to make it work. There was a button before but now its gone.

And I do not mean the "quote" button at the bottom right. In the Quick Reply window - its gone now.

Your window of the Quck Replay doesn't have the Quote button. But there is the one for the posts you may want to quote. If you click the "<- REPLAY" button there you will get the effect you can see in the pic below. So if you want to see the text of quotation click that button for a post you want to quote. Then scroll screen to the bottom where you find your Quick Replay window with the text added ( see my pic below.) Then write your comments and click the "Post Replay" button for sending of your post when done.

quote3.jpg

But if you want to multiquote you have to clck the "+QUOTE" button. Then your Quick Replay window gets the new button "Insert Quotes". Clicking the one you will get another message window with the button labeled "Quote These Messages". The new window is a seletcor of quotes. In other words if you click more than one "+QUOTE" button for more than one post these will be added to the list. There you may arrange the order of quotes as well by dragging. When all is set click the "Quote These Messages" button and the quoted posts will be added to your Quick Replay window where you can write your comments. When all is done click the Post Replay button for the Quick Replay window.

quote3a.jpg

One post for quotation selected only during the multiquoting process ...

quote3b.jpg

The view at the list of selected posts for multiquoting ...

quote3c.jpg

The quoted list in the Quick Replay window ...

quote3d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Wurger but those are not the "Quotes" button I am talking about. What I want to do is quote text that I post - such as:

The door opened slowly and then she screamed.

"Jimmy, is that you?"

Now Geo showed me where it is so I think I am good for now. Like this......

The door opened slowly and then she screamed.

"Jimmy, is that you?"

Thats it!

Just like an old serial Dave; the door opens, she screams, "Jimmy, is that you?" aaaaaaand,....cut to commercial. Stay tune next week and find out.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back