Just keep switching'em off... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I hope this applies to average speed cameras too, those tings are pure evil :evil:

I think it's a bit of a misconception that cameras raked in the cash, as local authorities can't afford to run them without a Westminster handout. They did, however, promote seriously dangerous driving habits, with people speeding up to them, applying brakes sharply as they went through, then pulling away fast afterward. So much for promoting road safety... :rolleyes:

I hope this applies to average speed cameras too...
If they can pledge the yellow vultures to catching:

i. road tax dodgers
ii. insurance dodgers
iii. MoT dodgers
iv. issues of serious and/or organised crime
v. issues of national security

and stop badgering ordinary motorists for the heinous crime of doing 80mph on a motorway, then I'm all for them; I think the Tories are capable of seeing the bigger picture

If they can pledge the yellow vultures to catching:

i. road tax dodgers
ii. insurance dodgers
iii. MoT dodgers
iv. issues of serious and/or organised crime
v. issues of national security

and stop badgering ordinary motorists for the heinous crime of doing 80mph on a motorway, then I'm all for them; I think the Tories are capable of seeing the bigger picture

Zero chance of the above happening, I think. The TorDems are like the last lot - more interested in catching be doing 75 in a 70 in a fully taxed/insured/MoT'd car, than the bugger doind 65 with no documents at all :evil: If you look at where the average speed cameras are, like the A13 in Dagenham and the A38 near my parent's home (Tamworth/Lichfield area), it's clear that they have been sited on roads where can drive fast and can do so safely - it's all about nicking as many drivers as possible for just the terrible sin of breaking the national limit by 5mph :rolleyes:

I am a little more understanding of the motorway sitings, as there is an obvious safety factor with major roadworks going on, but I drive through the Western end of the M25 restriction every day and it's just a pain in the... :lol:

Zero chance of the above happening, I think. The TorDems are like the last lot - more interested in catching be doing 75 in a 70 in a fully taxed/insured/MoT'd car, than the bugger doind 65 with no documents at all :evil: If you look at where the average speed cameras are, like the A13 in Dagenham and the A38 near my parent's home (Tamworth/Lichfield area), it's clear that they have been sited on roads where can drive fast and can do so safely - it's all about nicking as many drivers as possible for just the terrible sin of breaking the national limit by 5mph :rolleyes:

I am a little more understanding of the motorway sitings, as there is an obvious safety factor with major roadworks going on, but I drive through the Western end of the M25 restriction every day and it's just a pain in the... :lol:
Possibly
but I like the noises the current administration have been making about the unfairness of clouting the motorist; I guess time will tell if they're nothing more than noises

We'll see :lol:

I realise how angry I must have been getting when I made the last post - it's barely coherent, even by my low standards :oops: Congratulations to you on deciphering my ranting attempts at English! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back