Kawasaki KI 61 Hien "Tony" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guynemer

Recruit
Dec 19, 2006
I am curious about this Japanese fighter. Aside being the only one with an on-line engine, it showed some properties uncommon to other japanese fighters, such as outdiving his USA opponents ( or so says Greg. Boyington in his book "Baa, baa, Black Sheep). It's climbing rate or max speed were not outstanding, as far as I know.
Data on this warbird, such as notable pilots, scores, etc., will be much appreciated

Excellent link, exec228! Thanks.

did the tony use a license built DB 601 or one of those series of engines - or is this a myth that I believe or flat out made up? If it's the same A/C i'm thinking of, the allies mistakenly thought these were actual 109s or license built 109s initially...

It was powered by the Kawasaki Ha-40 which was a liscensed built DB-601 engine.

I am not sure if the Ha-140 was used in the later versions and if it was just an upgraded version of the Ha-40 or not. I dont have much info on the Ha-140 except that its production was destroyed in 1945.

Well just off the top of my skull, taking into account everything from air density to local wind direction and the colour of the sky outside, I'd say it's because...he doesn't understand French, and would like to know just what the f*ck is going on at that forum over there. :-k

Dunno. Been wrong before. :dontknow:

Well just off the top of my skull, taking into account everything from air density to local wind direction and the colour of the sky outside, I'd say it's because...he doesn't understand French, and would like to know just what the f*ck is going on at that forum over there. :-k

Dunno. Been wrong before. :dontknow:

Makes sense to me, in which case this will give you a rough translation: http://ets.freetranslation.com/

a topic starter with french nick looks to be satisfied with an article given.

any decent avia-fan, like members of this forum, can easily google enough information about this popular airplane in almost any language, whatever he can read.

so there is no sense to translate that article imho.

as for understanding what the heck this topic about, there is enough english phrases here.

I am not sure if the Ha-140 was used in the later versions and if it was just an upgraded version of the Ha-40 or not. I dont have much info on the Ha-140 except that its production was destroyed in 1945.
Ha-140 was improved version of Ha-40, with MW injection. Only 110 were build, and 99 of them were mounted on Ki 61-II KAI airframe.

a topic starter with french nick looks to be satisfied with an article given.

any decent avia-fan, like members of this forum, can easily google enough information about this popular airplane in almost any language, whatever he can read.

so there is no sense to translate that article imho.

as for understanding what the heck this topic about, there is enough english phrases here.

What if there are newbies on the forum that dont know how to do that?

Maybe you are a god about all matters regarding aviation and google, but others arent.

And maybe you should use a grammar checker to correct your sentences. Theres plenty of those checkers around if you do a google search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back