Kermit Weeks' wealth (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trilisser

Airman 1st Class
May 22, 2011
Years ago I was told that Mr. Weeks's wealth is due to a successful business of his own. Just recently I encountered a claim that his wealth is inherited. Which one is true? Perhaps both are true?

As long as he is maintaining his fleet of marvoulous planes and shares the view of them ... who cares?
In general, I wouldn't care. But there are those two claims in existence and the truth would be nicer to know than not.

Kermit's grandfather was Lewis George Weeks.

The Weeks Royalty refers to a 2.5% overriding royalty relating to all hydrocarbons produced by BHP Billiton Limited (formerly known as The Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited) (BHP) from designated areas in the Bass Strait, Australia, granted by BHP. Production is currently undertaken in those designated areas by BHP and Esso Australia Resources Pty Ltd (Esso).

Kermit doesn't have ownership of the entire 2.5%, as the rights to some of it has been sold. However, I would imagine he still has a significant portion of it. I believe Kermit's dad was L.G. Weeks' only child, so it didn't get divided up too much among family members.

-Irish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back