Kidd Hofer's P-51 taxiing at DB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

chicoartist

Airman 1st Class
Hi guys,

Glad to be here! Linked to this site from Hyperscale.com. I'm an aviation artist specializing in WWII planes. Here's my latest:

What started out to be a tiny oil "sketch" as a break and as a companion to "The Debden Kidd" evolved into a bigger canvas ... now, it's back to the real "The Debden Kidd".

"Morning Mission"
Oil on linen mounted to panel
18 x 24

Morning_Mission_Canon20D_web.gif

Wade

that's what I wanted to see Wade.......excellent start !

funny I didn't know hyperscale had a sublink to here, guess I need another wake up call on the kaffee

Wade a couple of notations :

Can you give us a bit of history on your latest work please ?

and also have you though about doing any Luftwaffe a/c sometime ? I know your heart has been for the 4th fg for some years as memory of dedication which is an excellent chopice. hey maybe a tribute to the 78th fg P-51 boys sometime eh ???? :D have a couple of vet friends I keep in contact with from that outfit

Great stuff Wade - I looked at the thumbnails, Slipping the Bonds. I've done a lot of GA formation flying myself. When I lived in CA my flying buddies and I would do up to 5 ship formations, it was a blast! - here's a shot taken over I-15 just west of Lake Arrowhead. My wife and I are in the 150...

Attachments

• 150_strut_392.jpg
    150_strut_392.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 467
Erich said:
Can you give us a bit of history on your latest work please ?

No problem. I suppose the best thing to do is link you to the "main" painting the above piece is a "companion" to. More on the taxiing piece itself can be found on the "Morning Mission" page on my site:
http://wademeyersart.tripod.com/id67.html

Erich said:
. . . have you though about doing any Luftwaffe a/c sometime ? I know your heart has been for the 4th fg for some years as memory of dedication which is an excellent chopice. hey maybe a tribute to the 78th fg P-51 boys sometime eh ???? :D have a couple of vet friends I keep in contact with from that outfit

YES! I love the Luftwaffe - the FW-190 especially. I have been collecting reference material on JG.1 for a while now. Since my "real" commissions keep me pretty busy (no Luftwaffe yet), I"ll probably have to do something similar to the taxiing piece above. Wouldn't a checkered or striped cowl Butcher Bird look good at that angle?

Garry Fry (4th and 78th FG book author) is a long time friend of mine. He has been sending me copies of 78th FG P-51 mission records ... hinting, perhaps??

Wade

Wade :

Yes I am hinting strongly like maybe one of the 78th fg Me 262 jet kills in late 44 or 45 8)

A Würger would be excellent, JG 1 or Sturm JG 3 with blue-black engine cowlings in July of 44 before they yanked off the colors and they returned to the boring two toned greys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back