Korean War Camoflauged Mig-15, Question. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
This one is irking me a lot, currently back at building and am taking on a mini group build with my girlfriend and her relative (he is 12 and loving it) I got them both (their first models ever :D ) and myself a mig-15bis from hobbyboss in 1/72 scale. We've done what I want to call a marathon build in a sprint amount of time and have come down to the painting aspect where I am currently stuck....I'd love to do a camoflauged Mig-15bis but any information and photos of these aircraft are few and far between, the original pilot I had planned on doing, Galyshevsky's Mig-15bis night fighter I've learned the profile is incorrect and that he never flew this aircraft. There are photos that show the bottom of the aircraft was never black.
Photo here:
GALYSHEVSKY.jpg

I have an actual photo of him sitting in "546" but members on a Russian forum were sure it was a Propoganda aircraft and that about 20 pilots photoed in it never his real mount. You can also see in the photo that the aircraft looks more like natural metal with a possible green mottle.

So that left me searching for more, where I found two options, one that is Capt. Zameskin and Red 263 (he provided the photos to the publication and sites where I was searching and I'm assuming helped the author of the Soviet Mig-15 Aces of the Korean War book by Krlyov and Tepsuraekav make the side profile, as he is credited along with other pilots that flew during this time in the publication.

This is where my first question comes in (if you've been following till now hehe ;) Is there any profile showing the full camo scheme for his aircraft?
The positive is that the pictures reveal that the plane is in camo, but no total profile, photos below:

K4.jpg
K5.jpg
K7-2.png
K9-2.png

The profiles found are:
D6DA51E7-10A0-437D-BE39-C73F3F5503E9.jpeg

Or
491F2D55-E3B6-4653-AD51-7CA2370BFDAE.jpeg
456DDBBE-701C-4ABE-AED5-4849D9933A8B.jpeg

Zameskins second mig-15bis below
6B0C2477-38C1-409E-A948-9268D63801A7.jpeg

The other pilot was Maj. Fedorets, there are a lot of good profile options for him...but no photograph....
The second question is, if any members are aware of any period photographs with the Major and his aircraft (I know how hard to impossible this is to find as the Soviet involvement was secret and photos weren't encouraged).
FA7FECC1-F194-48DD-8E99-416E5B019DB5.jpeg

Third question, just looking for everyones opinion so far, do one of the camo Mig-15bis or just play it "safe" and go for the red nose on Silver mounts :D like Pepelyaev's Red 325?

I'm so far torn and looking for some good advice :D Thanks all :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back