Lancaster fly by over practice Dam

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff. This happens on every major anniversary, and is only a few miles from where I live. I wanted to go to photograph it, but Sod's Law - I had to stay at home waiting for a medication delivery - b*gg*r !!

Very cool; I don't suppose the Germans would allow a fly by over the Mohne these days...

I doubt that the venerable Lancaster could get there :)

I don't think a long flight over the North Sea would be top of the BBMF's schedule for the old girl

Cheers

Steve

No, I don't suppose they would. But, in fairness would we appreciate a fly over of LW planes over London to celebrate the blitz?

Just a small point Readie, I think it might be better to refer to it as a Commemoration

I doubt that the venerable Lancaster could get there :)

I don't think a long flight over the North Sea would be top of the BBMF's schedule for the old girl

Cheers

Steve

Its sobering to think that ours is only one of two Lancasters still flying Steve. Unless the Canadian one isn't airworthy yet...
I really hope the BoBMF can keep her going for future generations to marvel at.
Definitely the high of the Queens Jubilee weekend watching the BoBMF thunder over the Mall.
Cheers
John

If you're referring to the wingtip incident John, that got fixed some time ago. As far as I know the CWH Lanc is airworthy and doing the airshow circuit.

The Panton brothers' Lanc (Jane), at East Kirby, Lincolnshire, is on the way to being airborne too. With a bit of luck, we could have two airworthy Lancs in the UK in the future.

Well, apart from the pilot's seat, all other positions are uncomfortable and darned noisy - but who cares!!!
Sitting on the main spar, peering out of the small, rectangular window near the radio ops desk, or on the starboard side, and watching the two Merlins either side flying in formation with the rest of the thousands of vibrating rivets, is quite something!

I would so pleased and proud to just fly in our Lancaster.
What a privilege.

The other greatest thing for me would be to have a flight in the Grace Spitfire...

One day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back