Land Warfare Museum, Duxford (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Nice selection Gary. I see they've stuffed the Tiger in the shoe shop, instead of the Stug or whatever was there a few years ago. Nice displays.

I love the detail that is put into each display. They just do not place a vehicle or artillery piece behind a rope, each item on display is placed in a period correct scene, and all the figures in each scene are dressed in very authentic looking clothing. Great Stuff. That must be one hell of a museum. Think my favorite pic is the very last one. Gives you a feel for what some soldiers faced. I'd hate to be hiding on the inside a blown down house, with a Russian tank and crew a few feet away from me.

I believe the 'Tiger' is one built from a T34 for the movie 'Saving Private Ryan'. It might be fake, but it's convincing, and I think better inside the wrecked buidling, where the size difference isn't as noticeable, and forming a central part of a good, full sized diorama.

Every time I looks through these pics I notice more and more detail. Empty milk boxes underneath the jeep in the 3rd pic from the bottle. Amazing at the amount of detail that has gone into each display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back