Largest spherical panoramic photo in the world

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
This is a super high resolution photo. Use your mouse to zoom in and see a startling level of detail. This image is currently (as of 12/2009) the largest spherical panoramic photo in the world. It is 192,000 pixels wide and 96,000 pixels tall. That's 18.4 billion pixels, or 18.4 gigapixels! When it's printed, it will be 16 meters (53 feet) long at regular photographic quality (300dpi). It was shot in early October 2009 from the top of the Zizkov TV Tower in Prague, Czech Republic in collaboration with Prague 3 town hall. A digital SLR camera and a 200mm lens were used. Hundreds of shots were shot over a few hours; these shots were then stitched together on a computer over the following few weeks.

Enjoy! Prague TV Tower - World's Largest Spherical Panorama

Yep, it´s Prague...

Heh. Excellent panoramic, but if I were the owner of one of those cars parked on the street, I'd be kinda pissed that he didn't blur out my license plate number!

Yeah, that got me thinking about how difficult it might be to have this done in North America. Big hullabaloo about privacy issues when Streetview came out.

That´s why he decided for Prague I think...welcome to free world:lol:

Indeed...

funny-bumper-stickers-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back