Least Purty Aircraft of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Smokey

Senior Airman
Dec 17, 2004
What are the least attractive aircraft of ww2?

Heres one:

Arado AR 198
ar198.jpg

ar198_1.jpg

ar198_2.jpg

An unsuccessful rival to the Focke-Wulf Fw 189 Uhu. It had disappointing handling and performance. Only prototype made

http://www.luftarchiv.de/flugzeuge/arado/ar198.htm

I would say the vickers wellesley is high up the list. The shape of it is just awful to look at. Another ugly plane is the Martin B-10/B-12. The Vickers Vincent is also a really ugly plane.

Id put the Lancaster and early Halifax's here because I think theyre hideous.

This is pretty f*cking ugly too.

Attachments

• tomashevich_pegas_04_136.jpg
    tomashevich_pegas_04_136.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 748
Well, leaving out everything french (listing all those would take forever ;)) the ones high on my list would be the Wellington Mk.VI, Caproni Stipa, Ju287, Handley Page Hampden and Curtiss SO3C...

The La-5FN and La-7.

While of interesting look when seeing profiles, I was surprised to realize how ugly and dirty they look in photo.

Like if they had been hastily produced. I have photos of brand new La-7s being delivered to squadrons and they already look worn out. Actually, they don´t look that very new.

The fuselages which should be clean and neat since we are talking about planes that just left the assembly lines, looks irregular, pretty much like if a group of messy children had glued the pieces.

You would have had a great view of the Bf109s and 110s coming to shoot you down, through all those windows!

Attachments

• 1_182.jpg
    1_182.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 610
Gnomey said:
That is one ugly plane Dac. Continuing with French Bombers with a great view of incoming BF109's and 110's: Bloch MB210.

Didn't Bloch change his name to Dassault after the war and produce some pretty decent aircraft?

French bombers??? Didnt know those exist back during WWII....

Hell, i didnt even know the French had any aircraft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back