Leica IIIc Camera info request.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DFM+BB

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Hi Guys !

I presume this website were less exciting without photography, isn't it ?
So I assume at least one on two of us own a photographic camera.

I don't know if there are any expert among us on this particular subject ( I think/hope so ), but I just bought for my own pleasure a Leica IIIc ( not a repro the real thing :) ) and I do like to get his exact story if possible.

I know that it was manufactured between 1943/early 46 according to the bloc numbers available on internet.
But for his particular serial number I don't know exactly when he was built ( and maybe who was the first owner ).

Can anybody help me on this ?

Thank you Guys ! :)

That's quite a find. You will have a lot of fun with that. The only place I could even think of for that kind of information is to hit up either a Leica user group on the web, or see if there is a place where manufacturing records are kept.

Thank you for your answer Evanglider !

Yea I was quite happy to find a Leica from the 39XXXX block ( so still considered as War not post-war one, as I saw on the net ) but not a Leica K from the Luft ( too many fakes and to expensive for me ). But this is fine by me if it is not from the luft as I plan to use it in public, and I am absolutely apolitic ( don't want people to think wrong about me because of the markings ).

I think you are right my best shot is to ask directly to Leica.

I think it will make some great pics :)
I plan to take B&W pics of warbird with it :)
I'll post pictures of it as soon as I can !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back