Liberator Mk II AL series

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

krakus57

Recruit
Dec 17, 2008
To everybody which can help me !

A looking for ANY materials ( documents , technical drawning , design , photos and s.o ) about Liberator Mk II ( series AL ) :

1./ AL -523
2./ AL - 616

I looking too ,for ANY informations about ;

3./ David F MacIntyre Collection ( owner Scottish Aviation Ltd at Prestwick )
and about archive SAL's archive ( now BEA ) , information at wartime's production at SAL during 1940 -1942 .( first of all about design of rebuild Liberator for transport and technical date after rebulding )
4./ All informations about AL-523 service in SAL and REA Farnborough since delivery date ( 16.X 41 ) until 23.V.42 , and then gone to SAL for rebuild for transport - and at 29.XI. 42 was ordered to 511 Sqn .
5./ About REA Farnborough 1940 -1943
6./ RAF Lyneham - Station of 511 Sqn and crews
7./ Flight performance of Liberator Mk II by take -off

Whichever information is so important for me and my book about TRUE REALLY TECHNICAL REASON Sikorski's plane crash at North Front .

Thanks for all Mike

Intersting subject Mike, I really dont have alot of info liberators on mk II and what I do comes from other books. Off hand I couldnt even tell you where to go for more info. Hope some one else has some info and welcome to the site.

Hi Micdrow !
Are you joking ? Look at yours part of cutaway ( in fine blue color ) at down in your post , thats really drawnig of Liberator earllier model ( with longer nose ). Look at eingine cover !! without superturbocharger .
I need from Consolidated Aircraft Co (NASA San Diego's Museum ) copy of;

1./ Plane LB-30 LB- 30 B
under ID numbers ; 32 LO 24 , 32 B 1003 and 32 B 1015 .

How can I get them ? In USAAF was in duty 75 aircrafts of english order until 42' from AL series and flown under british code .

PS . You can scanning thats cutaway and send to me Micdrow , I asking you .
With best regards Mike

My e-mail adress : [email protected]

Mike, I think I might have some scale drawings of a Liberator II, and possibly some photos (in a book) of RAF MkII's. It might take some time to find them though.
By the way, the cutaway in Micdrow's 'siggy' is a Boeing B17G Flying Fortress!

Hi Mike, Terry is correct, my signature is of a B-17G made for me by GrauGeist. The complete picture is this.

Attachments

• B17_blueprint.jpg
    B17_blueprint.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 207
You need a book called, Lion Rampant and Winged. Go to a web site called SCRAN type in Liberator and McIntyre. You will probably know of the book Accident. This book has been refuted. SAL did the mod for the nosewheel to stop it collapsing. One of the Indian Air Force Liberators,on the way to canada, had a nosewheel collapse at Prestwick and SAL were able to repair it. I know that teh Morris furniture company worked closely with SAL in replacing all redundant metal with wood. They did the nose of the Liberator express and passed the info onto the americans. For many years a Morris nose languished in a hangar but as far as I am aware it was burned along with a Walrus in 1960.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back