"Liberty Belle" stops in Dallas again

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rides can be expensive! At the WWII Reading show this weekend the cost were:

T-6 Trainer: $175
B-17: $450
B-25: $450
SBD Dauntless: $1095
P-51D: $1195

My pre-wife thinks I'm nuts because I would IMMEDIATELY shell out the dough if I had the bucks! :)

I got to see the Liberty Belle in Oklahoma City a few days before it got to Dallas, then on my way home from a San Antonio trip, I stopped at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum and got to see her again. Beautiful aircraft! The mechanics were doing some engine maintainence and so I got to crawl all around the aircraft taking pics. The museum is probably the best aircraft museum I have seen in this part of the United States. They also have their B-24 "the guys let me inside it" and will be getting the B-29 Fifi here in another month or so. They also have many other airworthy warbirds and some great static aircraft! I highly recommend this museum, especially after the dissappointment of so many others! Keith

Rides can be expensive! At the WWII Reading show this weekend the cost were:

T-6 Trainer: $175
B-17: $450
B-25: $450
SBD Dauntless: $1095
P-51D: $1195

My pre-wife thinks I'm nuts because I would IMMEDIATELY shell out the dough if I had the bucks! :)
Hi Chris,
just wondering- how long is the flight with T-6? I friend of mine paid 300 for me and it was some 30 minutes long flight.

All of the flights that I know of around here are all 30 minutes, give or take a few.

Here is the pricing for rides at Cavanaugh

T-13 Stearman $195*
AT-6 Texan $275*
T-28 Trojan $550*
AD-5 / A1-E Skyraider "Right Seat" $1,500*
Bell 47 / OH-13 Sioux $125*
B-24 Liberator $450
B-29 Super Fortress $995 for front riders, $595 rear riders

The * means you get a 10% discount for being a vet. I'm not sure if that applies to the B-24 and B-29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back