lightning F6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

badbear

Senior Airman
Dec 9, 2008
lightning.jpg

lightning 2.jpg
:Dhere,s some pics of the finished 1/32 F6 hope i,ve done a stunning aircraft justice .BB

Last edited:
thanks Vic the marking are aftermarket ones as the trumpeter ones are not that good .BB

here,s another one god i love this plane.BB

Attachments

• lightning 3.jpg
    lightning 3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 114
I'm a bit of a Lightning fan myself having six in my model collection, all bar one being 56 Sqn. Nothing in 1:32 though, no room. How was the kit to build and I'm surprised you had problems with the decals, my experience of Trumpeter have been reasonable. What weight did you have to add to ne nose? I built the Trumpeter A-10 about 3 years back, that was fun.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Hi Vic yes normally trumpeter transfers are pretty good but these ones seamed to be a bit out of register so i used Xtradecal sheet X32-019 stencils these cover F1 ,F1A,F2,F2A,F3,F6 these are superbly printed .For the markings i used Xtradecal sheetX32-018 this covered the 5sq dark sea grey &camoflage grey one thati did it also covers an medium sea grey and camouflage greyof 5sq other 5sq aircraft is the same colour as above but with the shark mouth on the nose .As for the nose weight i used five ball bearings one in the radar cone and four behind the cockpit i think that may have been a bit of overkill tho as they were half inch ball bearings as for the fit very good and very little filler was used the one problem i did find is the intake needs an 5mm strip of plastic card on the inside because the intake and cockpit parts stop short but this is not a problem and is very easy to do if you take your time .Did i enjoy the kit yes ithink its a good kit and people should stop complaining about the little innacuracies in the kit cos straight from the box its fine.BB ps i built the A10 as well that was fun and damn big too.HeHe.BB

Last edited:
Nice work BB. I wouldn't mind a 1/32nd scale Lightning, but I'm afraid the Trumpeter price seems a bit high for what it is - for me anyway. Having said that, like Vic, I don't think I've got room for it! Might get the Academy1/48th scale F6 when it comes out later this year though....

Thanks guys yes they are pricey but they do look good when they are finished .the next project will be a big one the airfix mossie .Ouch .BB

here,s another one god i love this plane.BB

119323.jpg

That's superb, and pure nostalgia for me. I lived close to RAF Binbrook through my younger years, and regularly cycled up there to watch Lightnings based there (viewing from crash gate 3 if anyone else ever went and knew the base), which was the last RAF base to operate them. There were F3s and F6s, as well as two seat trainers, which came and went regularly. I remember some of the F6 Lightenings sporting that two tone grey camoflague for the last few years of their service, hence pure nostalgia.

I,m thinking of doing an wattisham F3 in bare metal (alclad 2) that stuff is amazing.BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back