Lightning Fighter crash (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:salute: :salute:
A sad moment and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of the pilot.
My service career and much of my civil working life has been cantered around the support of Lightning's and I applaud South Africa for keeping them in the air.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

:salute:

Very sad indeed. Hate to see things like this happen, especially when the pilot is killed.

That also means that there are only two BAC Lightning left flying in the world. I also beleive that there is a company in the United States restoring 3 more to flying status though.

Very sad indeed. Yes, I believe there was a video posted a while ago of this aircraft and the owner/pilot.

Chris, there are 3 here in SA, the company who's Lightning it was that crashed still have 3 left, one 2 seater and two 1 seater. They say that the ejection seat did not want to function and he send a message to his family just before the crash. The pilot was a great pilot when it boils down to everything he has flow before. Here in SA we do not get a lot of air accidents, so when something like this happens it is headline news.

Some sorrowful news guys.

The fella's who keeps the Lightnings flying in Africa there has been some
very bad news the Ligthning ZU-BEX [the black one] has crashed killing
the pilot who was David Stock, as far as i know the ejecter seat malfunctioned
and the pilot was ejected whilst the canopy was still in the closed position.

Both have gone to the sky of dreams.

RIP David Stock. :(

:salute:

Very sad indeed. Hate to see things like this happen, especially when the pilot is killed.

That also means that there are only two BAC Lightning left flying in the world. I also beleive that there is a company in the United States restoring 3 more to flying status though.

Where are they stationed? I´know about one in ****ing Red Bull colors in Austria, the other one?
My sympathy goes to the pilot´s family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back