Lockheed Constellation Arrives at Chino (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
Here it comes:

So our VC-121A "Bataan" (used by General MacArutur as his personal transportation) finally got approved for ferry from Arizona to Chino, and Steve Hinton and crew flew it over yesterday. I'll finally get to see it again tomorrow.

I bet there'll be no shortage of work around NOW, huh?

LOTS of work. It will get a complete restoration and overhaul before going the new owner. It will retain the MacArthur custom interior, I am told, but time may alter that. Sooner or later, we'll know. I'll get such photos as are allowed by the new owner. If none, then I can't post them. I suppose I'll find out that, too, sooner or later.

Anyway, the Connie got here!

very nice, not seen one but was on a roundabout near Coventry airport once and a DC 6 came in very low over the top of my car, didnt see it but almost crapped myself with the sudden noise and rather large shadow cast over my car !

ZZ 10.jpg
ZZ 10.jpg
ZZ 10.jpg
ZZ 10.jpg
Pity you missed this one at DX in 2014 Karl - beaut sight and sound !

Attachments

• ZZ 12.jpg
    ZZ 12.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 125
  • ZZ 14.jpg
    ZZ 14.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 113
Strange !
I posted the 'start up' shot once, and posted all shots full size, but the first shot appears three times, and the other two as thumbnails !
Not keen on the new picture up-load system !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back