LOCKHEED LIGHTNING I (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ron Handgraaf

Airman 1st Class
AIR PUBLICATION 2021A, Vol.1
HANDBOOK of SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
for the LIGHTNING I AEROPLANE
( similar to the A.A.F. P-38 )
august 6 1942

A very interesting manual, with lots of illustrations!

Enjoy

Best Regards

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
AIR PUBLICATION 2021A, Vol.1
HANDBOOK of SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
for the LIGHTNING I AEROPLANE
( similar to the A.A.F. P-38 )
august 6 1942

A very interesting manual, with lots of illustrations!

Enjoy

Best Regards

Ron

Nice one Ron,

You or any one else out there wouldnt happen to have and erection and maintance manual for a P-38 that they are willing to post would there.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too would very much like to get my hands on the P-38 Erection and Mainenance manual. I don't mind which model it is. At the very minimum I am interested in the wing incidence angles along the span. If anyone has solid documentation of these angles and can post it that also would be a help. I have the pilots manuals already.

I too would very much like to get my hands on the P-38 Erection and Mainenance manual. I don't mind which model it is. At the very minimum I am interested in the wing incidence angles along the span. If anyone has solid documentation of these angles and can post it that also would be a help. I have the pilots manuals already.

Hi
Coincidently I have been after one for ages and have finally won a CD of one on e bay, grand sum of USD 8 + shipping .:D
It is for the p-38L, If it is actually an E&M manual,
(It may take a week or so to arrive), i will check the copyright to see if i can post it here.
Or arrange otherwise :rolleyes:
Who says christmas only comes once a year .......
Cheers
Jerry

Hi All
P-38 manual arrived but cd has a 'word document on scanning copyright' and the manual pages has 'property of air force central museum '.

So unfortunately can't post here on the board.

Attached a page that may answer the question on wing incidences under fair use.

Mod's if not OK please delete and my apologies,
If needs be PM me.

Cheers
Jerry

Attachments

• CAPP38.jpg
    CAPP38.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 165
I got what might be the same E&M manual you did off eBay. The quality of the scans is shockingly poor and some of the pages are missing.

Thanks for taking the time to lend a helping hand, I appreciate it.

I got what might be the same E&M manual you did off eBay. The quality of the scans is shockingly poor and some of the pages are missing.

Thanks for taking the time to lend a helping hand, I appreciate it.

Hi
Could be the same one , I have just had time to actually really look at mine and it has at least one scan from the book warbird tech P-38 Vol 2 by speciality press,
even shows the book page number.....:rolleyes:
Still there is some new stuff for me,
and the only 'E&M manual' I found so far.
cheers
Jerry

Hi All
P-38 manual arrived but cd has a 'word document on scanning copyright' and the manual pages has 'property of air force central museum '

Jerry - I don't think anyone could claim copyright on a government manual unless they buy the exclusive rights to that document and show it on the document, not just them claiming copyright. Even then, as long as you're not uing the data for profit or gain, I see no problem with posting this data. I'm not sure what the "air force central museum" is but if it is a civilian org trying to claim copyright on a former USAAF pub, well they are full of it.

We've had a few numbnuts come on here trying to claim copyright on government pubs and in no certain terms told them to take a hike.

All DoD documents, unless classified, are public domain. I can pretty much get any manual for military hardware that has gone unclassified. You will have to go through some red tape to prove a need for them but once acquired that opens up the library. Now, getting them is a waiting game unless purchased through some T.O. seller who maintains a data base of the various branches.

The P-38 technical data has no restrictions on public acquisition and use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back