Lokheed PV-1 Ventura Minicraft 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone! :D

I followed the decal option in the kit. I did a quick search just now that didn't turn up a picture of one with both markings, but did find this one which seems to show that the one on the nose was removed or painted over. Maybe the the aircraft used for the decal option hadn't had the nose one taken off yet.

I suspect that they might have originally painted two stars and bars on the sides to help allies distinguish the Hudson from the Japanese Ki-56, a licensed built Super Electra. There was a big bribery scandal for Lockheed behind this apparently. The Ki-56 in planform is virtually indistiquishable from Allied use of the Lockheed 14 based design. Just my quess.

Attachments

• ki56.gif
    ki56.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 56
  • ki56-c.jpg
    ki56-c.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 55
  • t_ki-56_thalia_foto_2.jpg
    t_ki-56_thalia_foto_2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 49
That makes sense Matt. I had heard something about some shady dealings when Lokheed sold the prototype DC-4 to Japan, But this it the first I've heard about the Model 14
Douglas%20DC-4E.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... you are right. It appears it was the L-1011. :lol:

I could have sworn the 1938 licensing to Kawasaki was involved at one point in time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back