Looking for Aleutian P-40E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Im currently not at home but this will get you started.

Attachments

• P-40.jpg
    P-40.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 858
Hi,

I've found these profiles and a pic only.:(

Attachments

• p40-war.jpg
    p40-war.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 433
  • P-40E Aleutian tiger 0361.jpg
    P-40E Aleutian tiger 0361.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 381
  • P-40E Aleutian tiger 96.jpg
    P-40E Aleutian tiger 96.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 339
  • P-40E Aleutian tiger 96_.jpg
    P-40E Aleutian tiger 96_.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 343
Here's the 343rd FG section on my P-40 website... I'm in the middle of making some additions to this section, which should be available to view in the coming week. But at the moment there are several images showing 11th FS P-40s which may satisfy...

343rd Fighter Group / 28th Composite Group

A number of the photos that have yet to be added to the site can be found in one of my photosets on flickr... HERE...

The image posted by Micdrow came from that set... it's a still that I grabbed from a Republic Newsreel, and a larger version can be seen on the flickr photo page.

Speaking of stills from motion picture films, here's some taken from a flick called 'Report From the Aleutians'... (go to the bottom of the 343rd FG page from my site for a related photo)

Aleutians002.jpg

Aleutians008.jpg

Aleutians011.jpg

Aleutians024.jpg

Aleutians041.jpg

Aleutians036.jpg

Aleutians062.jpg

The image posted by pbfoot shows Ron Fagen's P-40K. More photos of this ship can be found on this page from my site...

P-40K-10-CU 42-10256

Graet stuff here.THX guys.:D

BTW Very nice site and stuff there Thirtybg.Could I ask you a question?
In the third pic from the end of the set on your site the crashed P-40 seems to wear two-colours camo pattern on upper surfaces.Is it true or it is my imagination only?

In the third pic from the end of the set on your site the crashed P-40 seems to wear two-colours camo pattern on upper surfaces.Is it true or it is my imagination only?
Yes, it's two colors... a number of P-40s from the 343rd FG had originally been intended for export to Britain
and wore RAF-style camo throughout their AAF service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back