Looking For Info On Japanese Type 91 Aerial Torpedo

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am looking for detailed diagrams, schematics, 3-view drawings complete with detailed measurements for the Japanese Type 91 aerial torpedo.
I have the following files:
Japanese Naval rockets.pdf (647.1 KB, 50 views)
Japanese ordance fuses.pdf (1.75 MB, 46 views)
Japanese Tracers.pdf (1.15 MB, 47 views)
Japanese Pyrotechnics.pdf (1.74 MB, 44 views)
Japanese airborne torpedo's.pdf (5.40 MB, 88 views)
Japanese bombs.pdf (4.08 MB, 74 views)
Japanese ordinance.pdf (601.3 KB, 58 views)

And have visited the following sites:
http://www.j-aircraft.com/research/bryan_wilburn/IJNAF_Torpedos_diagrams.JPG
http://www.j-aircraft.com/research/bryan_wilburn/IJAAF_Bomb_diagrams.JPG

All were excellent sources, but not detailed enough for my needs, as I am trying to make a scale working model (minus explosives, of course!).
Can anyone assist?

Hi Gman,

I may have some more info on this type of torpedo but not for sure. I received a bunch of data on torpeodo's from genkideskan, he may have more info. Other wise you will have to wait till Sunday when I get home and I will see what I have.

Much appreciated, Micdrow. I will fire off a notice to him shortly. I would also appreciate any help that you could give, and have no problem waiting until Sunday. Detailed data that includes measurements can be hard to dig up, as I am sure that you know.
:confused:

I got back a day early so I started looking. I found this picture on a cd I have with lots of pictures. I have no clue where I got it but it might help. I will keep looking for more info. You may have this picture, your links to J-aircraft.com dont work for me. This could have come from there.

Attachments

• thunderfishtails_nohara.jpg
    thunderfishtails_nohara.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,752
The only other document I have is this one as part of a manual provided by genkideskan a while back. Other then that I dont have any more drawings.

Stupid question but are you making this for a museum or something?

Attachments

• Seite-1a.JPG
    Seite-1a.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 408
That diagram of what appears to be a B6N with torpedo is close to what I am looking for (though I do have that file in my repertoire). It has pretty good dimensions for the plywood break-away fins, which reduced the tendancy for the torpedo to skew when it hit the water. The "X" type fins- though slightly less effective than the "box" type- were cheaper to produce when plywood became scarce for Japan in the latter days of the war.
What I am trying to get a hold of is something similar to the following, which is still not quite detailed enough (can you believe that!?). It is of the Japanese Army General Purpose High Explosive Aerial Bomb:

Attachments

• IJA HE GP Aerial Bomb.JPG
    IJA HE GP Aerial Bomb.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 605

Users who are viewing this thread

Back