looking for me-410B performance data

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

turret

Recruit
Feb 19, 2016
im looking for data on its performance preferably on the engine hp
and id need sources
any help would be appreciated

Just minor changes to airframe and armament, no change to engine. So performance was very similar to Me 410A.

Just minor changes to airframe and armament, no change to engine. So performance was very similar to Me 410A.
but i constantly hear it had db-603Gs and others that state it didnt
do you have anything to say whether it did or didnt have them?
cause i recall the db-603G never entered production

According to Bf 110/Me 210/Me 410 by Heinz Mankau and Peter Petric was powered by the DB 603A only. It was to be fitted with the DB 603G - 95 octane rating , C3 fuel, with a larger supercharger with increased altitude performance according to documents produced by Messerschmitt in April 1943, but owing to difficulties not specified, by the end of May 1944 the DB 603A was fitted to the B-1 through B-8 variants as new build airframes, as opposed to former Me 210s converted. So, according to the authors, only the DB 603A was ever fitted, despite early paperwork projecting that the 'G was to be fitted.

The 603G was cancelled so no install option. Replacement was 603E but this only became available in Winter 44/45.
There's a very slim chance that some 603AA were diverted from He 219 to power a small number of Me 410 recons.

Turret,

This data is taken from the book The German Fighter since 1915 by R Kosin. Unfortunately, the boost and RPMs are not given, nor any climb data.

Starting from the left of the graph, at sea level, the 4th line is the Me-410 powered by the DB 603G, the 5th line is the Me-410 powered by the DB 603A.

E
Picture1.jpg
Eagledad

does anyone have another source? cause ive seen some sources say it did have dv-603Gs

603G in Me 410 is a post-war error in one source with many c&p'ed from this. They had the intention to use it in Me 410B but became moot with the engine's cancellation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back