Looking for old friends (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Being new to this sort of site and the net in general, I will apologise in advance if this is the wrong place for my request, but I'm trying to re-establish contact with two old friends, people I was involved with during the 50th anniversary of the attack on Shell House, Gestapo HQ Copenhagen, March 1945.
I have mail addresses, but cant get in touch and assume they've moved.
Looking for:- Derek Carter, English, lived at Hedehusene, Denmark. Organised 50th anniversary celebrations.
Looking for Bob Kirkpatrick, American, lived in Hot Springs, Arkansas, moved back to Iowa, I think Humboldt. Bob was in RCAF, and flew Mosquitos with 21 Sqn. R.A.F. and flew the F.P.U.'Mossie' on Shell House raid.
I would love to get back in touch, as they were good friends. Derek I knew through business, Bob I met through doing the painting (made into prints) of the Shell House raid, last saw him when he visited me in '96, kept in touch by letter until a few years ago, then lost address.
Any help appreciated, or, if privacy needed, any one who knows where they are, please forward my details?
Thanks everyone, here's hoping!

Airframes, did a quick google and came up with this. Check under Shell Retirees. Has a phone number.

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas - Clubs Service Organizations

As for Derek Carter, he wrote this about the 60th. Now you might be able to email the address under the headline to get in contact.

Operation Carthage, the 60th anniversary of the attack on Shell House, Copenhagen.

and apparently he is still giving lectures about the raid. Check half way down this forum.

Flying boots - The Fedora Lounge

Being new to this sort of site and the net in general, I will apologise in advance if this is the wrong place for my request, but I'm trying to re-establish contact with two old friends, people I was involved with during the 50th anniversary of the attack on Shell House, Gestapo HQ Copenhagen, March 1945.
I have mail addresses, but cant get in touch and assume they've moved.
Looking for:- Derek Carter, English, lived at Hedehusene, Denmark. Organised 50th anniversary celebrations.
Looking for Bob Kirkpatrick, American, lived in Hot Springs, Arkansas, moved back to Iowa, I think Humboldt. Bob was in RCAF, and flew Mosquitos with 21 Sqn. R.A.F. and flew the F.P.U.'Mossie' on Shell House raid.
I would love to get back in touch, as they were good friends. Derek I knew through business, Bob I met through doing the painting (made into prints) of the Shell House raid, last saw him when he visited me in '96, kept in touch by letter until a few years ago, then lost address.
Any help appreciated, or, if privacy needed, any one who knows where they are, please forward my details?
Thanks everyone, here's hoping!

Hi Airframes,

found this

Robert E Kirkpatrick
606 Eighth Ave N
Humboldt, IA 50548-1454
phone: (515) 332-3233

Thanks everyone! Thelast fro Seesul is BRILLIANT!
Looks like I'm about to take-off!

Thanks yet again everybody....can't get over how helpful you all are!!
I'm sure Seesul's address is the right one as it seems familiar. I'll sure let you all know if I re-establish contact.Hope Bob is still with us in the States, he's a really remarkable guy,with LOTS of flying hours , and many tales to tell, from Beaufighters and Mosquitos to crop-spraying and V.I.P. flying. By the way, if anyone is interested in reading the story behind my painting of 'Operation Carthage' (Shell House raid), let me know, and how to post it(!) and I'll sort it out soon as my 'normal' PC decides to lose its bad attitude!
Just found out a U.K.member was in same battalion of Parachute Regiment I served with! Small world, getting smaller.
Thanks again, Blue Skies. Terry.

One of the bigger benefits of the world wide web! hope you connect with your old friends. Humboldt is about 45-50 miles from my home town! Small world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back