Looking for P-47s of the 373rd FG, Spring 1944

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HammerUK9

Recruit
Mar 23, 2012
Good afternoon all,

I am looking for information on any of the P-47 Thunderbolts that served with the 373rd Fighter Group, 9th Airforce, during the spring and early summer of 1944.

During this time, the 410th, 411th and 412th Fighter Squadrons flew out of RAF Woodchurch - my village - until they moved to France at the end of July.

The tail-codes were:

410th: R3
411th: U9
412th: V5

I'm in the process of building a 1:32 maintenance diorama using Trumpeter's P-47D-28 (dorsal fin upgrade), which I am hoping to add to the village museum's WWII exhibits.

Any information on any of the aircraft, especially any pictures, would be extremely welcome! :) I know there are pics/decals floating around for 'Dorothy K,' but that airframe wasn't operating until 1945.

The only images along with noseart I've really been able to find are here: 373rd Fighter Group

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited:
I found one item on Dorothy K. It's on Wings Pallette and claims that this craft was in service under these markings in April of that year. Now, as to wether on not this is correct, I have no idea. I can't find anything to coroborrate it with so. Here's the link. WINGS PALETTE - Republic P-47 Thunderbolt - USA You'll have to scroll down the page about three or four craft. It's not much, but I hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back