Looking for photos of RNZAF Corsair NZ5517

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Hey all

I'm looking for any RNZAF Corsair photos .In particular after some of NZ5517 flown by P/O Brian Barstow ,which was lost on 11/11/1944 just out of Westport ,New Zealand. Looking to first model it then actually one day hopefully find it ,nothing has ever been found although various sightings claimed , also if you'd like to share anything on this I'd be forever greatful to hear from you

Anything RNZAF please feel free to post I've got limited photos on my favourite subject

Thanks all
-Daniel

Only pic I've got Dan is this one of a RAAF Boomerang leading a flight of Kiwi Corsairs. I'll have a look around for you though.

Attachments

• 5sqnRAAF13.jpg
    5sqnRAAF13.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 223
Cheers mate:thumbleft: Thank you!

Only the second photo I've ever seen with them in a large formation more interestly is them being lead by an Aussi Boomerang! (They won't get lost!)

Been searching the net and boy is there little on RNZAF Corsairs ,my books yeilds little on them aswell:(

Heres the other ,fairly well known photo I think but thought I'd post it anyway

source unknown

Attachments

• pacific-016[1].jpg
    pacific-016[1].jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 222
Be nice to have a few of these

Source:RNZAF Contact

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 188
:lol: Terry

I think it could be a Boomerang("Smokey Joe") of No.5 Squadron leading a strike on South Bougainville flying out of Piva,What do you think Andy?

I've been going through the book pictured which funnily enough the author (Bryan Cox) was in P/O Brian Barstows Squadron! which includes a photo of Brian Barstow but sadly no photo of NZ5517

However I've contacted a few people round the country and also Wigram for help! Hopefully should find a photo if one does exist

Although in "Missing" by Chris Rudge which includes a detailed account of NZ5517's history ,there isn't a photo of it .So I'm hoping that a photo does actually exist!

Attachments

• PacificScrapbook1943-1947[1].jpg
    PacificScrapbook1943-1947[1].jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 182
Many thanks guys! That link you posted Andy was :shock: Incredible!

Also the tamiya 1/48 build will prove very helpful!

Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back