Looking for photos of U.S. 379th Heavy Bomb group B-17 Pipe Dream - 43-38874. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

379th Bomb Group
524th Bomb Squadron
WA-U

I have been looking for a while but I have been unable to find any photos of the Pipe Dream, 43-38874. Any help in the search would be appreciated!

I don't have my copy of Bendiner's The Fall of Fortresses handy (he flew in the 379th in 1943), but when I head home tomorrow I'll look through its pics and see if I can find it in any of them. Do you have a serial to look for in case the pic doesn't show the nose?

379th Bomb Group
524th Bomb Squadron
WA-U

My great uncle served in the air corps and from everything that I have found, this was the plane that he flew the most missions with. I appreciate your help but I have checked out this and other similar websites with no luck on finding an actual photo of it. It's quite likely that there is no photo of it but I figured I would give it one last shot by reaching out here.

I don't have my copy of Bendiner's The Fall of Fortresses handy (he flew in the 379th in 1943), but when I head home tomorrow I'll look through its pics and see if I can find it in any of them. Do you have a serial to look for in case the pic doesn't show the nose?
Thanks, any help is appreciated. Even if you don't find anything, it will be nice to know that I've exhausted most search options!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back