Looking for the history of jet powered fighters for my school project (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

William G

Recruit
Feb 11, 2015
Hello ~ Im a student and Im doing some kind of project that I have to search for the history of the jet engine and also the contribution of jet engine to the wars and society in the year of 1930-1953~ I need some solid proof and evidence for my school projects like pictures from books and stuff like that~ So if you have books that talk about jet inventors FRANK WHITTLE or Hans Von Ohain , pictures of the jet-powered fighters and stuff like that in the year of 1800-1914,PLease contact me and share with you. Thank you!!

google1.gif

So if you have books that talk about jet inventors FRANK WHITTLE or Hans Von Ohain , pictures of the jet-powered fighters and stuff like that in the year of 1800-1914,PLease contact me and share with you. Thank you!!

I have compiled a collection of all the jet fighters to see service between 1800 and 1914 below.

and remember cutting and pasting is ok if it is short statements and the source is sited....other than that its plagiarism. i suggest you google plagiarism checker and run your paper through it....i guarentee your teacher will. google images will give you a ton of pictures you can download.

I dont know if its spam or not.

If you do the history of flight George Cayley (he wrote a treatise titled "On Aerial Navigation" in 1809–1810) to the Wright brothers and onto WW1 that is almost exactly 1800 to 1914 and jet engine development started about 1930 (Whittle took out his patent in 1930) with the dH Comet the first jet passenger plane flying in 1952. Maybe a young guy/gal who has the requirements of the assignment a bit mixed.

I dont know if its spam or not.

If you do the history of flight George Cayley (he wrote a treatise titled "On Aerial Navigation" in 1809–1810) to the Wright brothers and onto WW1 that is almost exactly 1800 to 1914 and jet engine development started about 1930 (Whittle took out his patent in 1930) with the dH Comet the first jet passenger plane flying in 1952. Maybe a young guy/gal who has the requirements of the assignment a bit mixed.

The irony is, that rocket flight actually preceeded jet flight. So in essence, the Me163 was older technology than the various jets developed (and fielded) during WWII.

While the idea had been kicked about for quite some time, Dr. Lippisch designed and built the first rocket powered aircraft, which first flew under it's own power in June of 1928, followed soon after by Fritz von Opel's project, which flew in September 1929.

Ten years later, Heinkel flew a rocket powered aircraft followed by several others, from several nations, during the war years. There were also mixed-types: rocket/piston, rocket/jet, but the Me163 was the only rocket powered aircraft to enter and engage in combat.

While all this is fascinating history, no rocket powered aircraft was built or flown prior to the 1920's and certainly not between 1800 and 1914.

I can just imagine an 1850s aristocrat strapping his footman to a rocket, what could possibly go wrong!

While googling I have found a shot of the first using of the jet propulsion from 1886 to 1911. From the left :

1. Henri Marie Coandă's one in 1886.

2. Hellmuth Walter's one in 1900.

3. Sir. Frank Whittle's one in 1907.

4. Hans Joachim von Ohain's one in 1911.

zabawa1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back