Luftwaffe Day at FHC Aug 13

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
I'll be heading out to Everett, Washington to see the Flying Heritage Collection's Luftwaffe Day this Saturday Flying Heritage Collection - FHC Events. I'll be bringing the significant other and will come back through BC's wine country on the way back home so a nice little vacation coming up.

If anyone is heading there, let me know. Also, I'd welcome any tips on getting to the best spot for taking pics.

A couple of teasers. Scoped out the surroundings for pic angles and came across the 190 just finishing to be fueled up. The angle on the first pic is a bit odd as I was shooting through a chain link fence.
IMG_7040 Reduced.jpg
IMG_7042 Reduced.jpg

Thanks guys.

This was my first time to FHC so I spent some time trying to get the lay of the land. The show is actually FREE but I spent the 10 buck admission to see Paul Allan's unique collection. The admission also gets you privileged photo access close to the planes and also a viewing up close when the engines start. However, once the engines start, the best viewing is then about 200m away at a fence along the taxi way. As the later was filling up, I elected to pass on the engine starts and reserve a couple of spots by the taxi way.

I took over 600 pics which I need to sort through and many of the flying shots are garbage. The weather was great but the flypasts occurred between noon and 1:30 along a north/south runway so the sun was not in an ideal spot for lighting the aircraft while in the air. I'll have limited time to sort and edit the pics until I get back home and will, in the meantime, try to post a few. Here are a couple from today's event:
IMG_7074 Reduced.jpg
IMG_7081 reduced.jpg
IMG_7149 reduced.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back