LUFTWAFFE GROUND KILLS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
I think I had this in the wrong section...Did the Luftwaffe include ground kills as part of a pilot's score? I thought this was only an Eighth Air Force thing. I found a photo of Walter Oesaus's 109E, Werknr.1559 that show 39 kill markings on the rudder, 14 pointing downwards. The caption says that the downward pointing ones indicated ground kills. Thoughts?

Geo

I think I had this in the wrong section...Did the Luftwaffe include ground kills as part of a pilot's score? I thought this was only an Eighth Air Force thing. I found a photo of Walter Oesaus's 109E, Werknr.1559 that show 39 kill markings on the rudder, 14 pointing downwards. The caption says that the downward pointing ones indicated ground kills. Thoughts?

Geo
The Luftwaffe high command didn't count them, but it doesn't mean individual pilots didn't.

Wilhelm Balthasar marked his ground kills on his tail/rudder, but they did not count towards his total victory tally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back