Luftwaffe "pretzel" camo on Me 262 and He 111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JonCOlsen

Airman 1st Class
Mar 14, 2015
Hello everyone,

Both of these aircraft have squiggles or wave-like lines. On closer look, some of these lines resemble pretzels (at least I think so!). On the Me 262's port wing, which actually appears on the right-hand side of the photo and is facing downward, you can see a few examples of pretzel- like lines. This is especially visible further to the right. In the colored photo of the Heinkel 111, the pretzel lines are very easy to notice. Anyhow, I'm intrigued by this type of mottling.

Does anyone have comments about this type of camo, and/or any photos of similarly camouflaged luftwaffe aircraft with pretzel-like patterns?

me%20262%20squiggles_zpsrpx4c2ak.jpg

heinkell%20111%20color_zpsxtnbx1cr.jpg

Thanks for the comments, guys. However, I was actually referring to a rather specific type of wellenmunster. It's predominant on the He 111 and can be seen on one of the Me 262's wings. Check out this cropped photo to see what I mean. ;)

InkedMe%20262%20A-1a2c%20uncoded2c%20Northern%20Germany2c%20RCAF%20-%202_LI_zpss5qdpvru.jpg

The Heinkel He177 had a wide range of camouflage patterns, including the "Wellenmuster" (pretzel) pattern.

The Ju88, Ju188, He219, Do217 and others had it applied at one time or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back