M41 Walker Bulldog tank (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikewint

Captain
Feb 17, 2010
Lakeview, AR
The M41 Walker Bulldog tank. Small, light (23 ton), highly manuverable tank. 76mm main gun + .50 cal open mount secondary armor 1.5in. We gave these to the ARVN who found the small tank exactly suited to their smaller build

Attachments

• DCP_1488.JPG
    DCP_1488.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 182
  • DCP_1487.JPG
    DCP_1487.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DCP_1486.JPG
    DCP_1486.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 195
  • ARVN_M41_Walker_Bulldog.jpg
    ARVN_M41_Walker_Bulldog.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Nice one Mike. If tanks can be 'good looking', then I've always thought the Walker Bulldog is a good looking tank!
Love the camping chair on the turret bustle in the pic of the real thing! I wonder if that's a modern-day 'Oddball' as Commander?!!

Very nice model but I think the real one is an M-48 or M-60.
Ed

Last edited:
oftch, thanks, that was indeed an M48 Patton. My eyes are not what they once were. Pic is now corrected. I've ridden on top of one or two but my 6'4" body was not going inside.
Lucky, I wish I had the skill to do such things but I wouldn't know where to even begin.
That's why I don't even try "weatherizing"

Yea but after all that work putting it together, painting, decaling, etc. I hate to turn it into a piece of c**p with some half-a** job of weatherizing. Now if I had someone like airframes nearby I might give it go. I know my limitations, I'm a workman not an artist

Last edited:
Yea but after all that work putting it together, painting, decaling, etc. I hate to turn it into a piece of c**p with some hald-a** job of weatherizing. Now if I had someone like airframes nearby I might give it go. I know my limitations, I'm a workman not an artist

I don't weather often but never have had problems doing it-That said, I have a T-34 painted green and waiting for weathered winter camo. I've been procrastinating over it for two months now.

If it wasn't for that ugly radiator housing I would not have caught it.
ED

Nice job~~i like the third photo!~.
And I think you might wash the tank with very thin black+brown enamel colour next time(just brush on and wait to dry ,no need to clean if enamel colour is thin enough).Simple and greatly enhance the sense of precision. I think It will be a good starting point for your to do weathering .
BTW:You are really taaall.1.93M HIGH

Last edited:
brilliant job on the Bulldog 8) I too have done this kit as one of the Japanese ones as with all Tamiya kits I have built (armourwise) it was a joy from start to finish

Thanks Lancaster
Tamiya kit are very nicely manufactured and the directions are very clear. I'm working on a DSL kit right now and it is a pain. Very poor directions, just pictures and just one view. you almost have to build it to find out how to build it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back