Macchi MC.202 Folgore- Hobby 2000 (Hasegawa) 1:72 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hal bregg

Senior Airman
Oct 13, 2013
Poland
Hello!

Something for hot summer days: an Italian ace fighter in desert scheme.

pilot: Cpt. Franco Lucchini,
unit: 84 Squadrgilia, 10 Gruppo, 4 Stormo,
airfield: Fuka, Egypt, October 1942,

euhygo4.jpg

kO0I7QC.jpg

tII9ExV.jpg

tc3SGCV.jpg

kJ4Aaov.jpg

bva2y9R.jpg

NxvwXa0.jpg

T6aJcI7.jpg

MUxmEyV.jpg

Ag1tjUm.jpg

d7qQJWq.jpg

f1Lh8vI.jpg

0U3XQ2z.jpg

Thanks for comments.
The Macchi 202 drive is a license Daimler Benz DB 601 engine, produced in Italy as Alfa Romeo R.A.1000 R.C.41
The inscription on the hood commemorates the Italian fighter ace of World War I - Francesco Baracca. His personal emblem was a black horse, standing on two hind legs, which was also used by Enzo Ferrari as a sign of the Scuderia Ferrari (!).

Last edited:
That is one sharp looking model, Cpt. Franco Lucchini would have been proud to put it up on his trophy shelf.
Dare I copy the finish you did? only if you tell me the color and methods you use.

Dare I copy the finish you did? only if you tell me the color and methods you use.
Thx for your attention,
Hmmm, I have built this model a year ago, so I can't remember what exactly I poured into airbrush tank, but I am generally a Mr.Color lacquer user. I used mixtures of paints I had in stock in the moment.

It could be:

Upper side:
Sand -Mr.Color C313 Yellow (Federal Standard 33531) mixed with C119 RLM79 Sand Yellow to get a bit darker shade.
Green dots: Mr.Color C018 Black Green (German RLM 70) mixed with a bit lighter RAF Dark green

Bottom side:

Colour between RAF Medium sea gray, and U.S. Neutral Grey. Could be:
Mr color 324 light gray
-Model Master 4762 Light Ghost Gray (FS36375)

interior:
Mr color 312-green (+- RAF interior green, FS 34227), or Model Master 4739 pale green.

Green dots painted airbrush/freehand using low air pressure, and very diluted paint (approx.1-paint 3-thinner).

Tip: paint a old model overall with sand colour, and make a try with green dots. Experience will be doubled.

Bonne chance, and don't forget to show us the results!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back