Making the BIG move

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikewint

Captain
Feb 17, 2010
Lakeview, AR
Just a quick note to everyone. The time has come to call it quits in the state of Illinois for many reasons and also to call a halt to full-time employment. I have sold quite a bit of "stuff" but am still stuck with two houses. The market is so depressed I really can't take the loss so am going to try renting for a few years hoping the market will recover. I have purchased a home in Arkansas on Bull Shoals Lake. 3800 square feet, 4 bedroom, 3.5 baths, walk-out basement, and a WORKROOM inside the house. Also I now have my own dock right down from the house. Going to be moving down during June so internet will be not available for a while. So if I vanish from the forum for a while, don't start humming taps just yet. God and the cops be willing I'll return

Dangit, and the mods were sitting around with their fingers hovering over the "delete profile" button....:evil4:

Just kiddin with ya, bro! Take it easy, and if you happen to make a "wrong turn" and end up in the DFW area, gimme a holler! Especially if it happens to be around the July4 weekend...Fifi's gonna be flying here that weekend!!!

As a pro with moving and rentals the last few years - Go for it!! Hope ya get settled soon and all gets back to order. We'll save a seat for you!! :)

Thank you all, this will probably be the last time I have a working computer and the internet for a while. Most of the moving companies quoted $10,000 or so for a complete move so I am trying to move most boxes and totes myself. I have a motorcycle trailer that we are packing to the roof which I drive down (10 - 12hrs) about every 3 to 4 days. It's a LONG drive but gas prices drop 50 to 60 cents per gallon in MO so it is still cheaper than the moving companies. Going to have to have someone move the big stuff but that will run 3 - 4 thousand so a big saving. You know me and pictures but I'll post some when I get the chance.
We have a beautiful view of the lake, no neighbors to speak of, no city lights, and it is QUIET.

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Hi Mike. Is that your new house?
Anyway - 10 grand sounds pretty expensive, I sure don't blame you for moving a lot of stuff yourself!
I hope that all goes well, and that you and your family'll be really happy in your new home.

Heh. The ONLY time I've ever had a moving company was when oceans were involved. And then, the Navy paid for the movers. Every other time, its been me packing everything and making one or two trips. You'd be surprised how much you can fit in a small space when you pack it right.

Nice lookin house, bro!

Most of the moving companies quoted $10,000 or so for a complete move so I am trying to move most boxes and totes myself.

Really, wow?! I would find a new moving company. Having moved across the ocean about 5 times (2 of them not on the govt. expense), and I have never paid close to that for a whole household and a car.

hope the move goes smooth and without a hitch. that everything associated with moving into a new house is a breeze. just let us know when you are settled in cos we are ALL GOING TO COME VISIT!! PARTY AT MIKE'S!!

I understand about having to move. We have to move also later on this year. Heading for the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Good luck with your move. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back