Malware issue on server - Fixed but scan your systems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
Yesterday, the site had some malware code injected. This resulted in many users antivirus programs raising a red flag when visiting the site. The malware has been removed and the server software updated to plug the hole.

However, it is still worth your effort to run an antivirus program on your system. The malware could potential have added a keylogger to your system. The following are some options which should provide you with some security.

This would be worth running, even if you think your system is clean.
F-Secure EasyClean - Removes any common Virus/Malware/Trojan on system
F-Secure Easy Clean - Free Stand-alone Malware Removal

F-Secure OnlineScanner
Free Online Scanner - Online Virus Scanner l F-Secure

Free from Microsoft - Antivirus Program
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

AVG Free
AVG Antivirus and Security Software - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

Avast Free
Download FREE antivirus software - avast! Home Edition

McAfee FreeScan
Free Virus Protection, Free Virus Scan | FreeScan | McAfee

Great work tracking this down and fixing it guys. And quickly. If it had been at my office, the call to the help desk would have resulted in my having to fill out a service order request to fix a probelm I couldn't describe. After several days of no apparent resolution and another call to the help desk, quotation of the ticket number and another full explanation of the problem, the resulting "we'll get on that right away" will have seen the problem partially fixed a few days later, something else messed up and an e-mail saying the ticket number is closed and a second e-mail asking me to fill out a survey indicating how good the service was.

Great job!

My Avast Home Edition would not let me log in so the only problem I had was I couldn't get on the forum. Nice work Horse. I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate the work you and the rest of the moderators do.:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back