Manifold pressure gauge

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WILLOCK

Recruit
Jan 5, 2023
Sweden
Hu All
would anyone know which aircraft the Kollsman manifold pressure gauge p/n 838K-4-022-7311 was fitted to. The range seems a bit high to me. Thanks in advance for any info.
kollsman.jpg

400 inches suggests another use but I have no idea what.

400 inches roughly equates to 200psi which is common for low pressure pnuematics but I have never heard of an air pressure gauge calibrated in inches mercury

It looks similar to the USAAF Kollsman aircraft cokpit pressure dual indicator p/n 838K-4-011.

kollsman.jpg

the source: the net.

Except for the times 10 marking it appears a normal two hand indicator where the outer needle goes one full circuit for every graduation of the inner scale. The pressure though is most unusual. Is there a date on the unit? Or a contract number or serial number that has the fiscal year as a prefix?

1679785861439.png

The Kollsman parts catalog is dated on 1947 and the indicators are up to 838K-x-013. The requested one is of -022 ending what may suggest the late post war indicator.

kollsman catalog 1947.jpg

It looks similar to the USAAF Kollsman aircraft cokpit pressure dual indicator p/n 838K-4-011.

View attachment 713068
Hi
thanks for your reply. I did actually find the exact gauge on the net for sale in Canada (or had been for sale previously) and the label on the back stated manifold pressure. I dont have the gauge myself it was picked up at a boot sale in sweden by a friend of mine who asked the question. Thanks for your assistance.

Except for the times 10 marking it appears a normal two hand indicator where the outer needle goes one full circuit for every graduation of the inner scale. The pressure though is most unusual. Is there a date on the unit? Or a contract number or serial number that has the fiscal year as a prefix?

View attachment 713071
Hi Mitasol
thanks for your reply I dont have the gauge myself but will ask the guy who has tit to get more pictures. Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back