Maps on German Radar and Raid Reporting and Control System.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JDCAVE

Senior Airman
Aug 17, 2007
I wish to obtain PDF's or JPG's of maps of German Radar and Raid Reporting and Control System. I have the documents for "Grove" as part of the "Exercise Post Mortem" files I have, but would like to obtain topo maps of the Late War (Autumn 1944-April 1945) stations.

Jim

Thank you. The map in your post is interesting, however the others in that thread are for earlier in the war and many of those sites in the south would be overtaken by the Allies. Most of the approaches that dad took into Germany were through France so I'm looking specifically for Radar positions on the German side of the battle line.

Jim

Plotting will be a problem. Aprox location is difficult enough.
Seem to remember a book or site specialized but it didnt come to me yet. And then only the big sites i believe.

Plotting will be a problem. Aprox location is difficult enough.
Seem to remember a book or site specialized but it didnt come to me yet. And then only the big sites i believe.
I have been in touch with Tom Withington, who did his PhD on Radio Countermeasures in BC. He said he has some material but expressed frustration at the lack of good information on this topic. Like myself he searched for month-to-month distributions of fighter bases, radar and control centers and I get the impression he was dissatisfied with what he found.

Jim

Last edited:
I have stumbled upon a lot more out there on some of the German sites. There are some well attended forums here:

And:

And:

And others. Standby for more links...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back