Marcel Visits The U.S. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
Marcel was in Boston, Mass. on business for his company. He had a few extra days, so he flew to Norfolk, Va., where he rented a car (a Fiat) and drove to my house. We spent the afternoon driving around Virginia Beach, finally winding up at Fort Story, where we visited the old and new lighthouses at Cape Henry.

Dinner at the Texas Roadhouse, in Virginia Beach, then Marcel drove down to North Carolina to visit a friend, Malcom. He flew out of Norfolk on Sunday, changing planes in Atlanta, GA for his home in The Netherlands.

Both myself and my wife, Edna Mae really enjoyed meeting Marcel and spending the afternoon with him. I hope he gets to return next year.

Charles
DSCN1520[1].JPG

I just landed at Amsterdam and I'm now in the train heading for Dordrecht. It was really great meeting Charles and Edna Mae and I had a great afternoon. Thank you so much Charles.

Malcolm btw is oldcrowcv63 on the forum. Has a great time with him, too.

Photos will follow after I've slept.

Last edited:
Great stuff Charles, and I have to say, you're both looking well in that photo.
They do, I have more pictures below.
This is what this community is all about. Friends in all corners of the globe.

Great post Charles and great to hear from you.
Exactly! THis is why this forum is great. I can go to the US, meet up with people whom I have never seen and every time it is great.

Anyway, here some pictures of this wonderful couple in Virginia Beach and yours truly included. Charles I will send you the high resolution versions without my signature later:
20160411_0016.jpg
20160411_0019.jpg
20160411_0040.jpg
20160411_0042.jpg

Last edited:
Glad that you had a good visit. Great pics. If you ever make it to Fresno, we'll have to visit Yosemite.
I've been there when I had a 3 weeks project at the university of UCDavis. But I'll take that invitation if I have to be in that region again.

It really was nice having Marcel here in Virginia Beach. Just wish he would have had more time. I would have taken him to NAS Oceana and NOB Norfolk. Maybe next time....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back