matchbox bf-109 e3 (one week one plane) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

520516MA

Airman 1st Class
Jul 5, 2008
shanghai china
www.yupoo.com
someone still remeber this kit ? haha .1974.:p

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 145
  • SSL26743.jpg
    SSL26743.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 147
Agree, good job overall, but the colours are wrong. Matchbox included the number '16' on the decal sheet as part of Galland's markings when Kommodore of JG26, but this number wasn't applied until after the aircraft had passed to an Operational Training Unit, with the rest of the markings, including the Abshcuss zeichen, retained.
The kit's canopy, or at least the centre section, was very thick and poor, hence the 'fogged' look. On mine, shown on a previous thread, I scratch-built the canopy and frame, it was the only solution. Considering it's age, and some 'heavy' areas, the kit is quite good, and you've done a very good job, apart from the colour scheme, probably the fault of the instruction sheet.

I agree with you Terry.In that time these RLM colours were on upper surfaces RLM71/02 and on undersides and fuselage sides RLM65.Also the double shewron looks a little oddly.Looking for something else about the profile I found this one of very poor quality with a short note it was totally wrong.

In addition I have found this card.I think it could have been a source of the incorrect profile.

Attachments

• Bf109E3Galland wrong profile.jpg
    Bf109E3Galland wrong profile.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 111
  • card.jpg
    card.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 135
I seem to recall that the 'Matchbox' instruction sheet gave the colours wrong; not just the wrong shades, but the wrong colours, i.e. greens. I think I'm right in saying that this aircraft was one of those used by Galland that had greys on the upper surfaces, but with the Blue 65 sides and undersurfaces; I'd have to check. The 'winkel' is correct for a certain period, but possibly not for when Galland used the aircraft. I have a (poor) copy of a photograph of this aircraft, taken after it had passed to the Training Unit, but I know it would not reproduce at all well here.

Man this is a tough crowd. A Bf-109 in a week? Looks like a well executed build. What did the instructions say for the colors, MA? Even if not the proper RLM colors, well done. I'm impressed the decals were salvageable for 1974. Many of them just disentegrate if you don't take measures to prevent it.

haha ,thx everybody .I know the colour is wrong.but I think this kit is 10years older than me .,so I decide to make it just like my first time to see it .haha .

Chivas Regal 12 year my best love!!!!haha

I think it looks great! Those colours might be wrong, but they work, it's a cool scheme. And that canopy isn't foggy, the pilot left a lit cigar in there! :lol:

How much is Chevas in China, MA?

about 180-200 RMB.:lol: i ALWAYS call my friend to buy it in airport 's no duty shop:D ,about 160RMB .you konw in shanghai pudong airport is very famous duty free shop :lol:

Attachments

• SSL26750.jpg
    SSL26750.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 132
  • SSL26751.jpg
    SSL26751.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 141
  • SSL26752.jpg
    SSL26752.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 138
  • SSL26754.JPG
    SSL26754.JPG