Mavis and Emily flight data

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pascal

Recruit
Sep 14, 2009
Does anyone have documentation in English or even Japanese (I have a translator available), established by any of the military services, on the flight performance characteristics of the IJN's H6K (Mavis) and H8K (Emily) series? I am looking for original docs to back up or refute Francillion's work.

Thanks in advance.

I'm bumping this 11-year old post of mine to the head of the line again. I found a number of documents from across different profile series and other docs, but if anyone has more sources, I'd love to hear about them.

Thank you!

This is the speed and climb performance table of H6K4 and K5.
I attached the original table. Apparently critical altitude is rounded off.
Also, I think H8K5's "200.5 knots at 5000m" is typo because it's too slow. The way I see it, it should be "205.0 knots".
H6K speed and climb.jpg

This is the preliminary intelligence report on H8K2.
It is based on the seized official manuals so specifications and performance were so specific and reliable.

These are short essays written by KIKUHARA Shizuo, an aircraft designer of Kawanishi/ShinMaywa.
They are all written in Japanese language.

I hope this helps you.

This is the speed and climb performance table of H6K4 and K5.
I attached the original table. Apparently critical altitude is rounded off.
Also, I think H8K5's "200.5 knots at 5000m" is typo because it's too slow. The way I see it, it should be "205.0 knots".
View attachment 651451

This is the preliminary intelligence report on H8K2.
It is based on the seized official manuals so specifications and performance were so specific and reliable.

These are short essays written by KIKUHARA Shizuo, an aircraft designer of Kawanishi/ShinMaywa.
They are all written in Japanese language.

I hope this helps you.

This is perfect! Arigato gozaimasu! Do you know if these manuals are available for D3A1 and B5N2?

どういたしまして!
You can find handling manuals for D3A and B5N at the library of National Institute of Defense Studies.
but unfortunately, I have never come across detailed flight performance data for these aircrafts so far.
I have the D3A manual thanks to a friend, but I would like to get the B5N manual one day, too. My friend lives very far from Ichigaya, though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back