Mayday Mayday

Discussion in 'Questions on Kits, Decals, Tools and Pilots' started by Will_Derby, Jan 24, 2010.

  1. Will_Derby

    Will_Derby Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Hi guys,

    Well its been a while since i have posted on here. but when i last logged on i was starting a Messerschmitt BF110. Well i got so far and i ran out of glue and because of the snow i couldnt get out to buy any. Well, having a brother and a sister they can be a pain in the rear end...but this time they have broken one of the Blades off from the propeller. I havent got a cammara at the moment but as soon as i have i will take you guys some picures of it.

    So, i would like to know if there are any easy resolutions to this problem other than take the whole wing apart to get to take the properller off and replace it.

    I might attempt to stick it back on...when i have glue but that might fail.

    All help apresiated

    Thanks

    Will
     
  2. Wurger

    Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2005
    Messages:
    47,635
    Likes Received:
    1,483
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Occupation:
    A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Location:
    Poland
    Hello Will,

    The easiest way of repearing a such parts is to put these both broken pieces thogether with a glue.Than sanding the seam and painting. Of course you can try to find no damaged part and replace it.But as you said removing of the damaged part could be difficult and required a lot of work.

    How about your Spitfire Mk.IX ?
     
  3. Will_Derby

    Will_Derby Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Hi Mate,

    Yes, i think that is what i shall do!

    my spitfire....oh funny story there. The realy story behind the glue is...well while i was waitng for the parts you sent me...i started the BF110...but i left the glue lid of and it dried in the tube. oops :oops:
    So i dtill havent finished or even added the gear...but i have sanded it down and it more or less fits now : )

    Thanks

    Will
     
  4. Wurger

    Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2005
    Messages:
    47,635
    Likes Received:
    1,483
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Occupation:
    A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Location:
    Poland
    I understand..therefore the second tube of a glue is always really helpfull.
    I hope you will manage to fix the damaged prop blade and continue assembling the Bf110 soon.
     
  5. Will_Derby

    Will_Derby Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    yea...funny story with the second one aswell :oops:

    hehe

    Will
     
  6. Wurger

    Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2005
    Messages:
    47,635
    Likes Received:
    1,483
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Occupation:
    A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Location:
    Poland
    #6 Wurger, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    I always have a few of them. Both CA glue and the styrene cement.
     
  7. B-17engineer

    B-17engineer Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2007
    Messages:
    14,953
    Likes Received:
    13
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Occupation:
    model builder
    Location:
    Revis Island.
    I have 8 tubes of styrene cement (How the hell did that happen!!!) and just ran outta CA glue... :(
     
  8. Crimea_River

    Crimea_River Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2008
    Messages:
    25,149
    Likes Received:
    960
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Calgary
    CA or "Superglue" would be your best bet for the prop repair IMO.
     
Loading...

Share This Page